Thursday, December 12, 2013

OUR CHRISTMAS TREE


This week is going so fast for me. So much to do, so little time. :)
For reasons that I will share later on, I got to have all my Christmas decorations and Holiday planning done 
before this week is over and I finally finished the tree a couple of days ago.

To try to keep up with the theme in my kitchen and mantle, once again I used lots of burlap 
combined with pretty red accents.




First thing I made was a new and very simple burlap tree skirt. 
Yes, I know, I am doing it all backwards this year. LOL


And when I found this pretty Texas star, I new it would look nice on top of the tree.




So, for over two weeks, I had a star, a tree skirt and nothing in between. :)
Little by little I made some burlap bows, added some ribbon, a few of my homemade poinsettias 
and the ornaments I made last week.








I also added some of our old ornaments and a few from Dollar Tree.










And it is all done!
Now I just have to put the presents under the tree.





Thank you all for stopping by!
I will be back tomorrow with the features of the most viewed links of this week Tuesdays at Our Home.

Until then!








9 comments:

  1. Your tree is wonderful! I love the burlap and the Texas star. The whole room is so pretty and perfect for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks great. I love your burlap skirt. I have been looking for a new tree topper ornament and haven't been able to find anything I really wanted - I love that you took a Texas star and placed it there. Happy Holidays!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tree my friend and I love your lovely living room. The burlap is so pretty in the tree, along with the Lone Star on top. When I was a child it was on style to have a big star on the tip of the tree, and the lighted stars as well. I always had an angel and now since last year I bought a glass, white icecicle like for the top.
    Merry Christmas!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Texas star is perfect! What a beautiful tree!!
    xo KRis

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all beautiful, but you know that Texas star is my favorite! :) Such a pretty tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and festive, Maria Elena! Those handmade poinsettias, along with all your other ornaments you showed us during your busy week, are charming! Your living room is aglow with the spirit of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Maria … love the texture of the burlap and the contrasting red ornaments! Your star is a fabulous touch, and, I'm a fan of the DT reindeer (I scooped up a few of those last year). A truly warm and inviting Christmas space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Maria! Your home is sooooo lovely!! Everything looks just beautiful - and should be featured in a magazine!!! Fabulous job in decorating your awesome tree, girlie!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, Maria Elena! I really like the addition of the burlap, and those clear glass ornies you made are the perfect touch of color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...