Friday, December 13, 2013

THIS YEAR, A VERY SIMPLE CHRISTMAS FRONT PORCH


Happy Friday, everyone!
Today, I am sharing my front porch with a little bit of Christmas decor.

Cleaning up all my Fall decor turned out to be a two hour job. 
When I went to remove the hay and pumpkins the mess was incredible!
Of course it didn't help when it decided to get windy in the middle of the clean up. LOL

For that reason, I decided my Christmas porch was going to be very simple this year.

Let me show you around.





For the bench pillows, I used the same fabrics as the ones in my kitchen and family room.
And using a simple stencil, I added the word "joy" to the smallest pillow.




 
Next to the bench sits my little street lamp which I also decorated using the same fabrics.



 
On the door, I added the new wreath I made for this year and over it, a garland with poinsettias, ornaments 
and two burlap bows. Very simple.








And that is all I am doing on the porch this year.
Although is very simple, I hope it feels welcoming to our friends and family.

Thank you all for stopping by and have a great weekend!







11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And oh so welcoming! I love the cute burlap pillow...adds such a pretty accent:) Beautiful pops of red everywhere! merry Christmas! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple or not, it is very welcoming and beautiful still dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, your home looks so cozy, warm, and welcoming for the holidays. It simply glows! I absolutely LOVE your red and gold living room, and your Christmas tree is gorgeous. It sounds like you're expecting something wonderful at your house soon. Happiest of holiday wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your porch. The pillows are adorable, the wreath is gorgeous and I really love the garland over you door casing.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your porch, Maria Elena! Your pillows are all so pretty; and the lantern is cute, too! What a warm and welcoming entry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your Christmas decor!! I have been out of the loop for a bit, and I'm just getting caught up! Beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, yet beautiful and welcoming as always! It looks great, Maria Elena. I love your street lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it and the simplicity! I love your street lamp and have been looking all over for two! Do you remember where you got it! Merry Christmas, Maria!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I love the red especially!! You have the touch Maria Elena!
    Wishing you and yours Joy this Christmas season. [hugs]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your front porch is always so pretty, Maria Elena, and all decorated in it's Christmas attire is no exception! I really like your combo of pillows and the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply beautiful! So welcoming and inviting! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...