Friday, December 6, 2013

OUR CHRISTMAS KITCHEN


Good morning!
It is cold, cold in Texas today!
We are at 35 degrees outside and enjoying every minute of it. :)

I have to go grocery shopping today and I will probably won't be so happy about the cold weather when I get back, but before my crazy day starts, I would like to share with you all the Christmas decorations I added to my kitchen.

I took some pictures during the day and others in the evening, sometimes we get so much light through the windows, 
it is impossible to take a good image.
Here it goes!

As you walk towards the kitchen, you will find my little hall table all decked for the holidays. 
Very simple, just a berry wreath and a poinsettia bunch.




 Come on in!



On the island, the first set of cone trees I made and I used some candle holders as stands.
Two reindeer I bought at Kirklands years ago and three Christmas candles.




Even the bakers rack couldn't save itself from some Christmas decorations. :)





And on the window you will find a small wreath I made.






A little more decor around the breakfast area.
I made some new burlap pillows and matching place mats and used a little greenery and an old set of candle holders as a centerpiece.






On the small table by the window I added my small Christmas tree once again, but this time around I decorated it with some red burlap bows and I also made a little tree skirt to match.




And on the window seat, my Pottery Barn inspired Jingle pillow, another reindeer and two candle holders with some holiday decorations on them that I also made.





 Since our kitchen and family room is all open space, I was trying to make sure it all went together and I tried to use the same fabrics in different ways.




I hope you enjoyed this little tour of my Christmas kitchen.
I wish you all have a fabulous weekend.
Stay warm!




Sharing with:


17 comments:

  1. It is all so welcoming and beautiful!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and I love how it all goes together....lovely rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying this cold weather too! It's nice to be able to turn the a/c off for awhile. :) Your kitchen is lovely! I really like all the red touches and it all blends perfectly with your family room. I'm still loving that jingle pillow too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty. I really like the placemats and pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, I am truly loving all the red!!! I am seriously considering going with reds and greens throughout my house....yes, year round!! Your pillows and placemats are very welcoming to the rooms. A friend used to display her prettiest placemats; however,we were just about to sit down for dinner, when she grabbed those placemats away from the table. Hidden where the new ones had covered were the old set. She said, "don't think you're going to eat on those new ones. LOL! And we surely didn't! Hey, I copied her idea with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love seeing your kitchen, Maria Elena. It is so warm and inviting and full of the Christmas cheer! Your pot rack is so fun -- I would love to have one just for the purpose of decorating it! Your little kitchen tree is just too cute!

    We are having a wintry blast, too! It has been freezing and below the last couple of days and highs are in the 50's -- these temps never happen this early here in AZ. I am enjoying wearing my fleece-lined boots, sweaters and scarves. Wish I could bottle it up and use it next summer.....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Your burlap decor items are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything flows so easily. Love the reds!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Love the glimpses into the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've decorated your kitchen so beautifully! I especially like the burlap with the poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is all gorgeous. Love your style and love the cone trees you made, how fun. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all lovely and inviting. Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria Elena, I love your placemats and pillows they are so cute. Oh and that snowman...love him and your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your holiday home at my party. Love those placemats and pillows.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed this post so much. Your kitchen is beautiful and so festive with. I can picture you creating wonderful meals here surrounded by all of this wonderful Christmas decor. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your kitchen is so very festive Maria Elena. I bet you love spending time in that fun kitchen! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is absolutely gorgeous - love your cone trees, the decor on the rack and the burlap! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...