Friday, December 20, 2013

OUR CHRISTMAS MIRACLE


Hello, dear friends!
I missed you all! :)

The last six days have been kind of amazing for our family.
You see, about a month ago, we received an email with very unexpected news.

At that time, my husband and I decided it was time to take a small trip to the Northwest right before the holidays.
We left home last Sunday and after a long plane ride, we landed in Seattle, WA.


 It was a very cold and rainy day when we arrived, but we picked up our rental car at the airport and headed towards our final destination, Everett, WA.


After a little dinner and a good night's sleep, the next morning we went for a little sightseeing.
It was only 20 degrees that day and, let me tell you, these "Texas wimps" almost didn't make it! LOL


Although it was very dark and gloomy, the views of the Puget Sound were so beautiful.



I know what you are thinking by now!
What are these crazy folks doing sightseeing in that cold weather? LOL

Well, there was a reason why we were there.

We were waiting for something very special.
Can you see that little black dot on the next picture?



How about now?





Yes! That is the ship that was bringing our son home after a very long nine month deployment in the Middle East.
And we just could NOT miss the Homecoming celebration!
We would of gone to the end of the world for this! :)




As the ship started approaching the pier, the Navy band started playing. I wish you could hear the crowd. 
There were hundreds of people there to welcome their loved ones home.
Wives were crying, children were screaming "my daddy is home" and parents like us were hugging each other 
and crying of just pure joy.













Even the seals came out to greet them. LOL

 



And as soon as the sailors started leaving the ship, the sun came out and all you could see were smiles, tears and hugs and lots, lots of screaming and clapping.
What a super exciting moment! I am so glad we were able to witness all this.

And then we saw him, our son, our baby, our hero.
We are so proud of him, the man he has become and the sacrifices he is making to keep our country safe.
Isn't he handsome? LOL




Next day, we flew back to Texas, but no goodbyes this time around. 
As the plane left Seattle, our son was sitting in the chair next to us.
Yes, ladies, I have all my children home for Christmas this year!!! 
We haven't been together for the holidays for three years now, so we are very much looking forward to this family time.

The last couple of days have been crazy around here, lots of talking, laughter, hugs and kisses and lots, lots of cooking. LOL 
But I have to tell you, I have now everything that I could ever want for Christmas. 

I probably won't be around much for the next week.
I hope you all understand.

I will make sure to be back and visit a little with all of you  before Christmas.

Until then!






21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful homecoming, Maria Elena! I am so excite for you. It will be a wonderful Christmas for everyone for sure!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Maria! I have tears in my eyes! How exciting and thrilling to see your son walk off that ship! He looks so handsome and I know how proud you are of him. God bless him for his service to our country. God bless you and have a Merry Christmas.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying of joy for your family!!!! How wonderful!!! I appreciate your son's service to our country and my family. I know you all have had to sacrifice so much for him to do this.
    Have the merriest Christmas and God bless you all!!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Christmas gift! So glad you were able to see your son's homecoming and then to bring him home with you. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas as your celebrate with all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crying tears of happiness for you and your family! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Enjoy your family time,and have a wonderful Christmas! Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am crying tears of joy for you. Please tell your precious son a lady from Ohio thanks him for the sacrifices he makes to keep us safe.
    And to you his family who misses him and worries every day until he's home again. Lots of love and Merry Merry Christmas. Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so very happy for you, Maria Elena! I've been thinking of you and am so glad you had a wonderful, safe trip! Enjoy your time with your family and have a very merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this made me cry, I am so thrilled for you. I remember 2 years ago when I had all of my children together for Christmas for the first time in 12 years. I hope this is the most Blessed and the Happiest Christmas ever. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful. Happy Christmas to all of you.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift! Enjoy and best wishes to you and your family!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is truly a wonderful Christmas story! Happy holidays to you and your loving family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tears in my eyes reading your story, Maria Elena. What a wonderful story. Merry Christmas to you and you family. As a mom, I can imagine your joy at having a full house! Please thank you son for his service, as well. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. I teared up just reading this. What a wonderful Christmas you will have!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful....just beautiful! Enjoy the holidays with your family. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria Elena! I am so happy that you and your husband were able to come all the way up here to the Pacific Northwest to welcome your son home! I loved watching the black dot grow! How absolutely precious of you to share his homecoming with all of us. Your son is our hero. He keeps us safe in this unruly world. I can only imagine the comfort he felt when he arrived at his beautiful holiday home in Texas!
    Enjoy your miracle Christmas, my friend!
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad your whole family will be home this Christmas! What a wonderful story, I'm still tearing as I write. Please tell your 'warriors' Thank You for their service to our country! Merry Christmas to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You definitely win the "best gift" prize.

    Enjoy a Christmas at home with your entire family.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maria, how exciting for you and your family! I had tears in my eyes reading this...I could hear the excitement in your words! What a blessing for you! Wishing you and your beautiful family A Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed and Prosperous New Year! Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maria, you know me well enough to know, that I immediately started crying for joy! Yes, I'm overjoyed to read your post. He looks very happy to see y'all, too. Cherish every second together. Bob and I appreciate his service to our country. Thank you for sharing his homecoming with us in such a beautiful way. Now you have your Christmas with everyone in the house. Thank God! Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very happy for you and your family. Tell your son thank you for his service ~ and enjoy every minute of your time together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...