Tuesday, December 6, 2016

DIY CHRISTMAS PILLOW



Every year I try to make a cute Christmas pillow to use with my holiday decor.
This year, I was just going to buy one due to my crafting time being so limited, but browsing online I came across this pretty pillow and right away I knew I could recreate it very easily.




Don't laugh at my computer picture, LOL 
I just don't like to put online pictures on my blog.
This is the pillow I liked.


And here is my version.


Let me show you how I made it.
I already had everything I needed in my craft room.
This is what I used.

A leftover piece of Christmas burlap from previous holidays.


 Some holiday picks and red and white bakers twine.



And a cute little tag I made with the Silhouette.


I did start by making a 18 x 18 burlap envelope style pillow cover.



 I tripled the bakers twine and tied it around the pillow and gift tag securing it all with a bow.


And then I just tucked in the little picks.
They stayed in place so I didn't even had to glue them.

 



  
Then I worked on the small letters and designs.
I also made them using the Silhouette Cameo and heat transfer material.





I added a little snowflake.


And I was done!
It took me about an hour to make and I am glad I did, because it looks really cute with my holiday decor this year.
What do you think?



I hope your week is going well and that you are almost done getting ready for Christmas.
So much to do, so little time. :)
Take care everyone!


 

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Maria Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE this pillow, Maria Elena! I wish I could sew. Especially pillows, as I have a big pillow addiction!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillow is adorable, Maria Elena! I really like the little details you added using the Silhouette...cute, cute, cute.

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you made that in an hour! It looks great and I love the little touches like the sweet tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your version is so lovely, Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...