Thursday, December 8, 2016

OUR CHRISTMAS KITCHEN


I admire all of you that had your homes beautifully decorated for the holidays by Thanksgiving. 
I am only decorating a bit this year and it seems to be taking me forever. 

Today I am sharing with you our simple Christmas kitchen decor. I figured I better get going with it! :)
Come on in and I will show you around.


When I change the kitchen decor for the seasons, I always start with the island and then take it from there.
This year I went with a different color scheme.



First, I made a new runner.


And I decorated my old tray with some old cone trees that I redid using the same fabrics I have used 
in the breakfast area.



And when I came across this free printable shared by Craftberry Brush, I knew I wanted to incorporate into my little vignette. Thank you for the printable, Lucy!


 And next to it I used the old ceramic pitcher filled with faux berry branches from Hobby Lobby.




On the window over the sink I added a faux boxwood wreath I bought at Ross after the Summer and I just decorated it with a small bow and some glass candle holders and tiny Christmas trees from Kirklands that I bought years ago.



In the breakfast are I made matching pillows for the end chairs, bought a new cute set of placemats at Ross and just added a few poinsettias to the box I always keep on the table.




 
And I decorated the window sit with some holiday pillows and candles.




On the small table on the corner I set up the tiny Christmas tree like I do every year. This little tree always holds very special ornaments that our children made when they were little and some that we collected over the years during our travels. I also made a tiny paper garland.




And that is all I have done in our kitchen.
We won't be spending Christmas at home this year and I won't be hosting any dinner parties, so the little bit of Christmas decor is for our own enjoyment.


 
 Thank you all so much for stopping by.
I will share our family room Christmas decorations and tree in the coming days. 
Meanwhile, I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend ahead.
Take care everyone!

 

16 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is beautiful! I've admired your cabinet door tray for awhile and just realized I can make one too! Our cabinetmaker had to replace one of our cabinet doors after the installation. He left the door for us. I even have extra handles! Thanks for the inspiration! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love your little trees on the island too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Maria! Your island is so pretty all decked out for Christmas. I have that free printable too and love it. :) It's so fun to have a tree in the kitchen. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen looks so fun and festive! In love with the checks but most of all that mini tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen decor. Everything looks cozy and so welcoming! Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can just imagine sitting and chatting over a cup of cocoa and some cookies! Very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely! For not doing 'much' you have made it feel homey and Christmas-y. Love the cone shaped trees on your island. They are really cute! It all looks great. I wasn't going to do much of anything but ended up doing more than I thought I would. lol It's a sickness- once I get started--well, there I go! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria, I have just found your blog and am so inspired to add a few lovely touches to our home. I found you through your craft room on Pinterest. I look forward to reading more posts.
    Blessings from Sarah in NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! Very nice to meet you!

      Delete
  9. I love the way your kitchen looks, so festive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria Elena, your kitchen looks awesome! I particularly love the white pitcher with the berries in it sitting on your island!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and so welcoming. Love the pretty red you added. Merry Christmas Maria Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitchen looks adorable and fun, and we all need cute and fun when we tend to spend so much time in our kitchens!

    Have a great weekend!
    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the red and white checks, Maria Elena, and the place mats are adorable!

    xx
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...