Monday, December 12, 2016

CHRISTMAS MANTLE


As I start writing this post, I realize that we are only 12 days away from Christmas.
Time is flying for us and it really is not a bad thing, the holidays are always difficult for me since I get very homesick. 

Being so far away from my dear Spain and all my loved ones back home, specially my elderly parents, is very hard, 
so I try to stay as busy as possible and make this time of the year as good as I can for my husband and kids.

 And then we receive some good news and I get reminded of how blessed we are. My husband is recuperating nicely from his oral surgery and his pathology results have come back normal. Life is good! :) 

So now we move on to celebrate the holidays the best way we can and I am just putting the final touches on the Christmas decor. Our family room is decorated in the same rustic theme as our kitchen. I will share it with you as soon as I get all the pictures finished, meanwhile, here is our Christmas mantle.




I used some old things I had from previous years and a few new things I purchased or made.
 On the left side of the mantle I placed the old red star, the reindeer sign I made last year and a lantern full of snowy pinecones.



In the center, the old NOEL wood letters I made years ago.



And on the left side, you will find a driftwood Christmas tree, the old church  and a couple of glass 
candle holders for a little bling.



I used the same old pine garland which I decorated with a 
Christmas music paper garland that I made and some new ornaments from At Home and Walmart.





On the hearth I placed the pillow I made paired with a red and cream checks pillow and a metal container full of pinecones. Very simple.



And that is our Christmas mantle for this year. 



I want to thank you all for stopping by and always leave me such wonderful comments.
Today is our son's graduation, so I better get off this computer and get everything ready for the celebration.
Have a wonderful day!




10 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful!! Beautiful preparation to celebrate the birth of Christ! I love that red truck, I looked for similar and never found it. The pillows looks wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks wonderful! I love that little red truck and the garland is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi maria elena...what a festive mantle arrangement...my favorite ornament is the old-time truck...wonderful news concerning your husband, with his recuperation and the good pathology report...may all good things continue...congrats to your graduating son...wishing him joy and success with his life and career...with the physical distance between you and your birth family, this is a season of joy and a bit of heartache for you...a wonderful attitude you possess to focus on your blessings and positive thoughts of all your loved ones...thank you for sharing your lovely home decorations...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas mantle is cheerful and festive! I'm glad to hear your husband received a good report and congratulations to your son. You do have many things to be thankful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really feel for you in missing your homeland and parents, Maria...to keep busy sounds good, but I know it's not easy. Still, I thank you for all the inspiration! I really love the rustic garland you have under your mantel. I have something similar but I love the pieces of sheet music that make it so festive and original. I also love how you have used most of your decor from years past.

    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your decorations, Maria. Everything looks so warm and inviting! And the decorations will make your son's graduation day even better! I appreciate the "heart" you put into your home. Such a lovely place. Enjoy the graduation festivities today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can sympathize with you Maria. Although my parents and several other family members live in the US they are in central Florida and it is very difficult financially for me to travel to see them, but you are right staying busy does help. Your mantle is beautifully decorated! The little red truck and sheet music banner are just darling! Happy Holidays to you and all of your loved ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautify decorated mantel. I always admire your skills in creating something so pretty. Love the red truck. The addition of pillows is quite charming, festive and fun. Congrats on your son's graduation, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so sweet, Maria Elena! My favorites are the driftwood tree and that adorable little red truck....I'll bet a certain little boy is going to spot that right away!

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...