Thursday, August 15, 2013

REVISITING THE MASTER BEDROOM


Today I am sharing with you all the changes I made to our master bedroom last year.

This was a project it took me several months to complete and have not added anything new since then, but now I am getting "the need" :) to add a couple more things and, hopefully, finish it completely and be happy with it.

The bedroom got a complete overhaul last winter.
Walking in this room was like walking back in the 80's. LOL
It was very dated and in need of some help.

This is the bedroom today.



 And, as much as it bothers me to show you this picture, this is the way it looked before. 80's, right? :)



 We started by emptying the whole room, retouching the walls and painted the ceiling tray in Latte by SW.



We purchased new bedroom furniture and, although it took me a while, I finally found the linens and window drapes that I liked from the Chris Madden collection at JCPenney.




I also made a new coverlet for the bed re-purposing some old drapes I had. You can find that post here.



We purchased two seagrass area rugs. One larger for under the bed and a smaller one for the sitting area.



And then came the fun part, accessorizing the room!
I found the perfect lamps at Kirklands and a pretty metal art for above the bed.




Decorating the dresser is always a challenge for me, but little by little, I have been able to put it together somewhat.







For the sitting room, we bought two comfy chairs from Overstock and a pretty canvas painting for that wall.
This is the space that needs to be finished. Maybe a coffee table or ottoman, a small bookcase under the painting or maybe rearranging the chairs and adding an electric fireplace to that corner. What do you think?






And I also have my eye on one of this for the foot of the bed.
Isn't it pretty?





I will keep you posted of the changes to come. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week!




Sharing with:


16 comments:

  1. I think it looks gorgeous, and I love the colour scheme. As a matter of interest, do you use the sitting area much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new look!! I also love that wire wall hanging over your bed. I saw one at Kirkland's the other day and thought it might look good. Your post has given me some ideas for our home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is absolutely stunning! Love your master bedroom and the colors you've chosen ~ so relaxing. I'd never want to get out of bed if I had a bedroom like this! I think a fireplace in the sitting area would be perfect. Can't wait to see what you come up with, I know it will be fabulous. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely, nice work!! Love the bench as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I think the before was more 90s than 80s. ;-) I love sitting areas in Master bedrooms! Ours doesn't have room for one, especially with the cradle in there right now. ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, your bedroom is such a relaxing retreat! I love the soft colors and all of your touches are just beautiful. A fireplace would be the icing on the cake! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what more you could add to this gorgeous room Maria Elena! It's perfect! The bench would be helpful I have one on the foot of mine, just make sure your walk-way from the the door won't be compromised and that you'd keep hitting that bench. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love it, such a pretty room and I really like the colors and all of your beautiful accessories. The bench would be wonderful. I would love for you to link up to my ongoing Inspire Me party . http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/08/177th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria, you've inspired me to un-80's my master bedroom, too. I also need to update the mats on some of the wall art! You know what "they say"...it's like opening that can of worms to update. Your room looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is stunning...I think an ottoman by the chairs would be wonderful and comfortable too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....what a beautiful bedroom! You did such a great job! I love the colors....everything looks so serene and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love the colors! And yes! Get that bench it is beautiful! In fact I want one now too, where is it???? XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful room, Maria! The bench would be a beautiful touch and I love the idea of an electric fireplace! I have one and I love it! Have a great week!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kirklands has the best lamps, don't they? Your room is so beautiful!! I love how you placed the sconces on the walls by the tv. That bench would look perfect at the foot of the bed and I love the idea of a fireplace! You've done a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your master is just gorgeous, Maria Elena! I love the lamps, but then you know how much I like Kirklands! I'm still struggling with our master bedroom & bath -- just cannot get it fixed the way I want it. I guess I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I actually found the perfect answer to every room in our home....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up Home - Retouchers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...