Monday, September 15, 2014

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME #78 & FEATURES



WELCOME TO TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME!

  
I hope everyone had a happy weekend.
Our was peaceful and nice.
We had a bit of a cold front on Saturday, the temperatures went down to the mid 60's and even got some rain.
We practically stayed home all weekend, just left the house to get groceries.
Saturday, we spent a very nice afternoon working on some home projects. 
We made a nice cup of coffee, turned the music on in the garage and while my husband started 
reupholstering the old chair from our son's room, I worked on the second cabinet door to make another tray.




BTW, he is doing an amazing job on this chair.



We had a lovely afternoon. We worked, chatted about everything, laughed and talked about the kids. 
What can I say? Some people go on dates, we go in the garage, drink coffee and listen to music. LOL

And then, Monday came!!!
We woke up this morning to NO hot water in any of the upstairs bathrooms. What a disaster!
Don't have to tell you everyone left for work and school a little upset and cold from showering with almost cold water. Now, to figure out what is going on.

After everyone left, I started to clean the house and my vacuum cleaner wouldn't come on. 




At this point I just took a deep breath and proceeded to take the vacuum apart.
I washed all the canisters, cleaned the filter and brushes, checked the belt and put it all back together.
I worked on it for a full hour and nothing, it just would NOT come on.

You want to talk about being frustrated! 
So I gave up and decided to wait until my husband came home. And when I went to roll the cord to put it away, 
I quickly found out what was wrong with the vacuum.


 
I guess it would of helped if I plugged it in before I tried to use it. I laugh for twenty minutes!
This is a sign, I either have to slow down or old age in setting in. LOL

Sooo, after all the happenings and chaos on this "lovely" Monday morning, I decided it was best to sit down and get this post together. I am staying out of trouble! :)

 Last week we had some beautiful links at the party.
Lots of Fall decor, recipes and fabulous projects.
Here is a few of the most viewed.

Mariah at Giggles Galore turned an old chair into a beautiful piece of furniture. 
Love the color!


 Nancy at Nancy's Daily Dish shared with us her beautiful living room Fall decor.

 
Ramon at Rowhouse Events and Interiors created a gorgeous Fall wreath and he is giving it away 
to one of his lucky readers.


 Colleen at Lemon Thistle  built a pallet wood towel rack and shared the tutorial on how to make your own.



Jody at Southern Seazonsgave us a tour of her kitchen beautifully decorated for Fall.




 Mindie at Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo shared her bathroom reveal and some very original candles.




Thank you again to all who took the time to participate!
 I always appreciate your visits and wonderful comments!

If you were featured, please feel free to grab a "featured button" from my sidebar.


  You will also be able to view all these post linked directly to the owner's blogs at my new Pinterest page.




Are you ready for a new party?
You can link up any posts that are home decor, gardening, crafting, painting, sewing, cooking or DIY related. 
 NO Etsy shops or link parties, please. 
 

And although there is no other rules to join, I would love if you start following my blog. 


Have fun!



15 comments:

  1. Maria Elena thank you so much for the feature this week...
    Have an awesome day
    Ramon
    Rowhouseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maria Elena, I'm so happy that you solved your vacuum issue so easily. And now you have a squeaky clean machine! :)

    After a short hiatus, I'm back co-hosting Project Inspire{d} tonight on AnExtraordinaryDay.net. I'd love to have you join us with YOUR great ideas. :) The party goes live at 8 PM Eastern. Hope to see you there!!

    Best wishes for an extraordinary start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I have had those kind of "dates" ~ they're always lots of fun! Great memories making great projects! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm laughing with you about the cord!! The other day I searched all around the house for my reading glasses and yep...they were on top of my head the whole time. Lol! I think your garage date with your hubby sounds wonderful! I love days like that where we can just stay home, drink a hot beverage and work on home projects. Hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Elena,
    Thank you so much for featuring my fall kitchen. I know how you feel about the vacuum. Stuff like that happens to me all the time. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I was already here, I joined the party! ;-) Thanks for hosting! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny about the vacuum! Well it's clean now so that's a good thing! I was going to ask if a circuit breaker had been tripped. I hope the water heater issue won't be too big of a deal. Lots of great fall posts you've featured! Dan and I do projects together and music is always on one way or another. We aren't quite as crafty as you two though! Thanks got hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still laughing thinking about your vacuum. That is such a funny story! I'm glad I'm not alone is all I can say! lol

    Thank you for featuring my living room this week!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, it is always better to laugh, most especially at yourself -- cannot even tell you how many times something like that has happened to me! Hopefully, tomorrow will be better! Yes, I would say your hubby is doing an outstanding job on that chair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, I forgot to thank you for hosting, Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria Elena,
    It's been a while, I'm looking forward to catching up. Thanks so much for hosting and have a great week.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah- thanks so much for featuring my towel rack! Awesome party as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shared your post on my Facebook, Mindie May Eyre Hilton! Thanks for the feature and party!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...