Wednesday, February 15, 2012

RE-PURPOSING OLD DRAPES



Today, I am sharing with you a simple, no sewing involved, project.
It took me about 30 minutes to get it done. Very easy!

I have these beautiful panels that I had purchased years ago for 
the living room in our old house.
When we moved here, they were just too small for all these 
large windows, so, there they went! 
Into my storage "treasure" closet.

What can I say?
I just don't like to throw things away!

I have been wanting a coverlet for my bed, but they are pretty pricey, 
so, today, I ventured to make my own using my old drapes. Ha!

I know is not like super elegant, but I think it came out pretty cute.






 Here they are before this crazy lady got a hold of them! :)



 The process was pretty simple.
I used my most favorite thing in the world!
I just love this adhesive tape. It is like the best invention ever!!!




I measured how long I wanted it to be and cut the extra material.
I had two panels, so I did this twice.




I hemmed them with the adhesive tape and after that was done, 
I attached both balances together, also using my hem tape, to be able to make it wide enough to fold over the bed in three parts to make it a little heavier. 




 This is what it looked like after I was done.
You can't even see the seam!



And, finally, on the bed.








Before and after




Thank you so much for coming over and 
for always taking the time to leave a comment
Have a great week!


Linked to:









 












22 comments:

  1. how awesome! I think this is an great idea, who wants to throw away such cute fabric! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Your coverlet is gorgeous, adds so much to the look of all the bed linens. Beautiful job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, I love it!! That is such a great idea! Alot of the times I see inexpensive curtains at ross I definitely might do this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am super-impressed. It looks great. It just shows you that it is a good idea NOT to throw things out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Isn't Heat Bond the BEST? I agree with Allyson, I'm going to run to Ross and get a set to make a coverlet for my bed - I really want one and thanks to your idea, I will! (And, I've learned the hard way that you DON'T throw things out. I'm developing my own 'treasure' chest). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out great and looks beautiful on your bed. I've enjoy my visit and have become one of your newest followers. Looking forward to following and enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! What a neat idea!! This was such a great idea!! It looks amazing on the bed. I'm really going to have to start keeping my things...and cut back on my donations! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - love it! Can't beat repurposing and that was great fabric so why not? Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one resourceful and creative lady! That fabric is too beautiful to be stashed away in some drawer so how smart you were to think of this project. The no sew ones are the best, aren't they? Your bedroom looks very classy and elegant. Great job!-------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea! So beautiful and so budget friendly. :-) Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...great job!1 i just made a picture out of an old curtain..great minds thin alike..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea, Maria! I have 3 from Ross that just might work. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! I love the fabric and it looks gorgeous on your bed! Beautiful!

    (And I love hem tape too)

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Following you back! ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea and lovely fabric! Thanks for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! Looks like it was the intended use ~ so pretty with your other bed linens.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be featuring you tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness...looks so GREAT! Thanks for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity! I can't wait to see what you link up at my party tomorrow! I LOVE following you...you're so inspiring! Just a little reminder, my giveaway for 1000 free FULL color business cards ends at midnight!! Stop by and enter to wiN! Also...I featured your repurposed drapes on my blog today!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great way to re-purpose. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this idea. I never thought to use old curtains for a coverlet. I love reusing things. I will be back. Come check out my blog it you have a minute. http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great way to use the panels you love so much!! I never would have thought to do that!!

    Thanks so much for linking up last Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! This was the most viewed post last week from the Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday party! Well deserved feature for you tonight!! :) Feel free to grab a featured button.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...