Monday, February 13, 2012

FROM MY VALENTINE



Our Master bedroom has been undergoing a big  remodeling
for a while now.

You can see the post here with everything we have done so far.

For several months I have had my eye on this painting, but it was a little pricey
and I was too cheap to splurge and buy it. LOL

When I finally knew i just had to have it, we couldn't find it in the stores anymore.
Has that ever happened to you? Well, it happens to me all the time! 
You think I would of learned by now!

While doing a little shopping this weekend, my husband and I came across it again
( I guess it was meant to be), so, he bought it for me for Valentine's.

It came from the " Vintage Garden Collection" at Kirklands.







One of the things I really love about it is the burlap
all around the frame with the nail heads.






Aren't the colors beautiful?





I think it compliments the color of the bedding and drapes




Our room is really big, so we are going to relocate the dresser and mirror
and create a sitting area. The painting will go on that wall.



We are in the process of looking for two accent chairs.
Maybe something like this.


And add some pretty accent pillows to the chairs
I really love these!


Source
Pottery Barn


Source
Pottery Barn


What do you guys think?
Of course, I will also need a small accent table, reading lamp  and
two area rugs, I am thinking seagrass.
If my husband is reading this post, he is probably already getting a headache! LOL

For now, I just got my lovely painting! :)






The bedroom is coming together, slowly but surely.
I never knew it was going to take me this long!
Maybe, I just need to stop being cheap! LOL

I hope you guys are having a wonderful Monday. I have been at the dentist
all morning, so mine has not been that great!

Thank you all for visiting and for always taking the time to leave me a comment.
I look forward to reading all of them!

Have a great week!











15 comments:

  1. Your bedroom looks wonderful, I really like the colors you chose. I am also crazy about the large picture I see why you wanted it . It all came together so beautifully. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so pretty and so tranquil! Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Love those pillows too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your decor style - I always look forward to your posts, You provided me with inspiration for my daughters room. Thank you. I can't wait to see whats next.

    Cathy from Wheatfield, NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture- in fact my sister is poised to purchase it too! It should look wonderful in your room with the furnishings in there. You have done a beautiful job so far and the other ideas you are considering will look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just LOOOOVE your new painting, it is fabulously perfect for your master bedroom space......going to match perfectly!

    Your reading area is going to be completely stunning, and I love your PB inspiration pics.

    Going to be awesome and I can't wait for the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Maria Elena: Tienes un dormitorio precioso como todas la estancias que he podido ver y contemplar en tus post, el cuadro es precioso me identifico con tu gusto, creo que te quedara una habitación muy linda cuando este terminada de decorar ¡aun que ya lo es!!!!
    Es pero que tu visita al dentista no te suponga mucho dolor. Un abrazo. Manoli

    ReplyDelete
  7. MARIA: ELEGANT is the BEST word to describe everything YOU do in your home! Just beautiful ideas and decorations. I love checking out your blog. Hope you're doing well, and can't wait to see all your new projects! Hugs..Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty room. I love your bedding, and your new picture matches perfectly. Tell your husband he picks good gifts and to let you tell him what to buy all the time! Hee hee! Your room looks perfect to me as it is, but with your decorating talents, I'm sure you will make it even better when you are done. I can't wait to see it all! Thanks for linking up to the Your Cozy Home party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria: this would blend well in your bedroom...new from Kirkland's

    Magnolia Sky Box
    Sku: 107517
    $24.99

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, I love the painting. You picked up some fabulous pillows to go along with it, you'd better go grab those quick! Cannot wait to see it all put together. Good luck with the chairs :)
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Maria! I'm so glad you love the color of the desk as much as I do :) I love the nailhead trim on those accent chairs. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture is just gorgeous! I think it's a perfect fit for your bedroom too. It will look nice on a large wall since it is so big. The pillows you're looking at would be great too. They go with that picture as well. That was nice of your husband to buy that for you. You will enjoy that for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria, I just wandered in to visit, and I LOVE your room make-over! May I ask where you found the bedding? It is exactly what I have been looking for...a beautiful shade of blue.
    Thank you for any information!
    Jaybird
    jbmusikmaker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria, How did you hang the scroll work? I have something similar that I want to hang over my front door (interior) but cannot find hardware that I like and that will blend in with the style of the piece. Thanks.
    Debbie (morrell_debra@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...