Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The magic of spray paint


After two weeks of nothing but rain, rain and more rain, the sun finally came out
last Sunday and the temperature went up to the mid 70's, so we decided 
to do a lot of the much needed yard work.

As we were cleaning the front porch, I noticed how ugly our
outside lights looked. I thought it was dirt, had to be, we just bought these porch lights last year and paid $100 for each one of them!

When my husband took them down, we were in shock to realize, the color had faded.
Can you believe it??? I understand last summer the temperature went up 
to 113 degrees, but this should not be happening, they are outdoor lights!!!! 
They sure don't make things anymore like they used to.

So, back to Lowe's we went!!!
We found a good spray paint that we hope will last longer that 
whatever they originally put on the lights.




This is what they looked like when we took them down.
The color was dark bronze when we bought them.
I can't get over it!







We decided to play it safe and just go with black.
I think they look good with my front door decor, since the bench 
and the star on the wall are also black.











 Don't they look so much better? Got to love spray paint!




We are sure loving this Spring like weather and trying to get ahead with all of our outdoor projects before the weather starts getting really hot, which it 
won't be much longer here in Texas.

Next weekend, the flower bed.
It is like a jungle!

Can you believe my flowers that I planted last year are already blooming?
It is only February!



Happy Wednesday, everybody!


Linked to:












15 comments:

  1. They look beautiful and so fresh now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much better in black although I am sure it was beautiful when you originally bought it!
    Hmmm...I think some moulding around that doorway would be fabulous!!!
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lantern looks great! That heat we had last year was no joke! And with this mild winter, we were just looking at all of the buds on our trees out front. Waaaay to early!! Your plants look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love them. Great choice in color. What brand of spray paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great transformation, black was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing what a can of spray paint can do...they look great! Happy Thursday to you, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thursday! Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to convince my husband to let me spray paint the lanterns around our front door that, have been getting sizzled by sun since the late 90s (we get FULL sun on the front of our house for 90% of the day - we live in Georgia). They are large and used to be brass - I would like them to be ORB since we have a stone surround. To find lanterns as large would cost quite a dime! Now, I have proof that it can and should be done. Cross your fingers for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great now! Amazing what a can of spray paint can do.

    Ok, still trying to wrap my head around 113 degrees...yikes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your light look great in black, especially since you have a black door and star. Great job! Love the Spring weather, too.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, they do look brand new!!!! I love the new look, but I know they were lovely bronze before the 103 temp hit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore your spray paint magic! Thank you for sharing your creative idea at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The light fixture look fab...I am such a fan of spray paint..love renewing and refreshing...great job...I am a new follower and I will be back again..love the bench on yhe porch...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think my bronze lights are looking like yours, so must get some spray paint on them before they rust. I like the black but I need to keep mine bronze. Thanks for the push to take a look at mine.
    Blessings.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...