Tuesday, February 3, 2015

WORKSHOP UPDATE


Hello, everyone!
Today I am sharing with you what I think has been our longest project ever. :)

For a while now, my husband has been building a workshop in our garage. This space is quite large and has given him enough room to create a nice work space. 




He has built everything himself from the bottom up, He made all the cabinets and even the counter tops.
I am sharing with you the area that is already finished.



For the last few weekends, all we have done is paint.
The wall has been painted a light gray color and the cabinets in a darker gray from the same color family.

Just this past weekend, he was able to install all the hardware we purchased at Ikea.




The cabinets at the ends, he painted using both colors and he even managed to reinstall the garage door openers 
on the cabinets, which originally were on the wall.


He did the same on the large cabinet in the center, which is not only for storage, but it also hides 
the large, ugly fuse box.


He is now working on adding better lighting.
He has built some ceiling frames that still need to be painted and he will be installing the lights soon after.

We are already getting him little decor items for his new shop. :)



There is a long story behind the meaning of this garage stool.


A story that I won't soon forget involving a Sunday morning, a table saw, a trip to the Emergency Room and 
having to have two fingers reattached. 
Yeah! I wish it would of been just a "busted knuckle"! 

 The other side of the garage is still quite a mess.
We have to figure out how to arrange all his larger tools.


Anyway, I will continue sharing with you his work space as we finish it. Something tells me it is going to be a while. :)




Enjoy the rest of your day.
See you soon!






5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to show this to my husband tonight!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!!! Your hubby's garage area is so fabulous that it should be inside the house! He is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty fabulous garage! I think my husband would be totally jealous of this wonderful space. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great work room, so clean and neat. All men should take notice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all have really made some progress on his workshop! It looks great and I love the cabinet color! My stomach just turned over when I read "reattached fingers." Oh my! That must have been so scary. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...