Thursday, July 21, 2016

AROUND THE KITCHEN AND BREAKFAST AREA


I finally have more than ten extra minutes to be able to sit down and write a post. Life has been so busy around here and it looks like it will continue being for a while. 

The house and vehicle repairs have been ongoing without a break in between and although a huge part of it is finished, we still have a bit more to go.

I can honestly say this year I have not made any significant changes to our home decor or decorate for the different seasons. Just not enough time in my days for everything, but at the beginning of summer, I managed to make a few small changes in our living areas. 
Today I am sharing with you our kitchen. Come on in!







Like I said, the changes have been small. I put together a small vignette for the island that you all have already seen and after, I added an old runner to dress it up a bit.










I also changed the small frame I keep on the corner counter by adding a new free summer subway art. You can find it here. The frame is from Walmart Better Homes & Garden collection.




In the breakfast area I made two new duck canvas pillow covers.The fabric came from Hobby Lobby.
I also added to the table four white linen placemats from Bed Bath & Beyond.





I used the same old flower box for the centerpiece and just added a couple of blue faux flowers to it.





And I placed on the window seat the blue glass bottle I used to decorated the island in the spring.




And that is all I have been able to accomplish. :)
A few changes and lighter colors to make the kitchen feel a little more summery.



 Thank you all so much for visiting and enjoy the rest of your week.
Take care!






 Sharing at:

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the pillow colors and those great curtain panels!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, as usual! Love the subway art and the softer colors are perfect for summer. Try to stay cool! I know you'll be so happy when all the repairs are finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate...not enough hours in the day. Beautiful space. Love your buffalo check curtains. I finally got to makeing curtains for our living room and guess what fabric I chose? :-)

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen Maria Elena, no matter the season. I always enjoy a peek at your changes no matter how big or small. Good luck with those repairs. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have very beautiful and warm kitchen. Your rug is perefectly defining the dining area and you have done great work with cushion and curtain fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely changes. The blues are perfect summery touches. Good luck with all of those repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You added some beautiful touches for summer. Loving the cool blues! So sorry to hear about your repair troubles, but glad to hear that they are almost in the past. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you're almost to the end of your repairs. What a saga! Your kitchen looks lovely; the colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is always so pretty. I love the lighter touches for summer. I did the same thing. I really LOVE that triple birdcage! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always fun to be invited into your home, Maria Elena! Whether you've made little changes or big ones, your home always look beautiful!

    Happy Weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria Elena,
    Gorgeous cool color palette, dear friend!
    The heat is on . . .on my side of the Prairie and just this last week, I, too, changes things up in the Kitchen!
    Thank you for sharing your lovely home with us!
    Here's wishing that you're able to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" on storm damage repairs, soon!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria Elena, your kitchen looks absolutely beautiful! I love the buffalo check curtains. I'm so sorry that you have all these repairs going on. I see from a previous comment that it is from storm damage. Living in Oklahoma, I understand what you are going through. It can be very trying dealing with all the repairs. I'm send happy thoughts your way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...