Friday, July 29, 2016

A SMALL CHANGE ON THE PORCH & A GREAT PRODUCT


Happy Friday!
I blinked twice and this week is almost over.
It has been an easier week for me and slowly, I have been finishing some of the projects I had half way done and enjoying a very much needed "me time".  
Today's post is about our back porch pillows that I had to remake about six weeks ago



 Let me back up a bit. Last Summer I splurged and bought some pretty nice and pricey outdoor fabric. Didn't work.
I always say the sun shines brighter in Texas. :)
It lasted about six months and then the fabric started to fade pretty badly.

In the Spring, I bought an inexpensive fabric and made all new pillow covers. I wanted the porch to look nice since we were having company to celebrate our grandson's first birthday. That fabric lasted about six weeks before it looked like somebody had bleached all the pillows.


Sooo, in June I found myself trying to spruce up our porch again and wanting to add some pretty fabric.
Once again I did not spent much on it, since I didn't know the outcome. I found this pretty fabric on sale.
It is regular indoor fabric and it was a great deal since I was able to make all the pillow covers for $20.00


I know it is hard to tell in the pictures, but it goes very well with the new outdoor rug we added to the lower deck. 
I will share that space with you all soon.

And after all ten pillow covers were finished, I did a little research before putting them outside and I came across this product that had very good reviews, so I decided to try it.
I purchased three cans at Lowe's, but I only used one and a half cans to give all ten pillows two good coats. 


I have been waiting to write this post to give you an update on this product. The new pillow covers have been sitting outside since the middle of June and, so far, they still look brand new, although our temperatures have been in the 100's just about every day.



Problem solved. :) 
Now, I have NOT been compensated in anyway for this post. Just sharing with everyone a nice product that is working for me and may give your outdoor fabrics a longer life.

Now we are in the process of adding a new wood/iron railing to the porch to match the rest of the deck. 
We are also building a wood privacy screen. 
 

As you can see in the next picture, there is a lot of building happening in our neighborhood and I think 
it is going to be the best thing we ever did.


I will share the new privacy screen when it is finished.
And that is it for today. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and I wish you all a wonderful weekend. 
Take care!



 Sharing at:

11 comments:

  1. hi ME- Oh - Thompson's Water Seal? I have been using it since the 70s! We buy the gallon and always have it- works for so much - such as canvas tents, canvas tote bags, and be sure to seal those outdoor cushions! It works for anything you wish to have a little more protection. Is great stuff, that.

    Love your porch. but you can keep your hot Texas sunshine - we need rain and clouds, everything is drying up and it has been much too hot to go outdoors to do anything about it.

    Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found something that works so those gorgeous pillows of yours don't fade! Great tip and I'll be looking for some of that water seal. Your porch looks lovely and I know the privacy screen will be the perfect addition. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are beautiful, I LOVE, love that fabric! Whenever I see someone's porch I get porch envy! I so miss our front porch and 3 decks we had at the old house;( The privacy screen is going to be great!!! Have a beautiful weekend!!!! OH, forgot to say, I found the fabric sealer at Lowes last year and love it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting this. I can't tell you how many outdoor cushions I've bought over the years because they haven't lasted. I'm going out and buying some today. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch always looks so pretty; and the pillows are beautiful! Thanks for sharing that tip! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria Elena,
    Gorgeous porch, dear friend!
    Thanks for the "tip"on the Water Seal!
    Our deck faces the West and the sun can be horrible on our cushions!
    We'll replace them in the Spring 2017, so I'll put this on the new cushions!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria Elena, your porch looks beautiful. I love the new blue pillows. Thanks for sharing the great tip about the water seal. I'm definitely going to give this a try. It is so hard to have outdoor pillows and cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made a note of that fabric seal product, so thank you! I bought new outdoor cushions, but only bring them out when we're entertaining because I'm afraid they'll get bleached out from the sun like my old ones did. When the boys were little, the sun would even bleach out their Little Tikes slides and climb on toys. Your new pillows are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful porch and the pillows are perfect!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this tip. I haven't heard of this product. If I can't find it up here I'll look for it the next time we are south of the border in WA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the great tip about the water seal. I'm definitely going to give this a try.
    double glazing repairs essex
    security window film london
    casement window repairs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...