Tuesday, May 31, 2016

OUR BACK PORCH


We are having in Texas one of the most rainy Spring seasons since we moved here eighteen years ago.
Normally at this time of the year we are already in the triple digits with not a cloud in sight.
Not this year. It has literally rained almost every day for months now, so most of our outdoor projects 
have been waiting to be finished.

We have our deck almost finished and it will be completed as soon as we can get a couple of dry days in a row,
 so, meanwhile, I have been sprucing up our porch a bit.


I was waiting for the sun to come out to take some pictures, but no luck on that, so please excuse 
if some of the pics are a little dark.



 If you remember, we bought the new furniture last year at 50% off during the Memorial day sales. 
Best thing we ever did. The set has proven to be very comfy and durable.

I did start by giving the area a good cleaning and made some new pillow covers in brighter colors.




On the coffee table I set up a small vignette using the old lantern and a pretty aqua charger I found at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 to which I added some candles and a few rocks to keep it from flying away. :)





I also redid the outdoor solar lamp on the side table.
The winter had really done a number on it.


And on the other side table I just added an old planter in matching colors with a little greenery.


And pretty much that is all I have done so far. I plan to do something different with the outdoor curtains.
I have something in mind and I hope it works. More to come on that.




On my next post I will share our almost finished outdoor eating area. The repairs of our home are supposed to start this week if the weather cooperates so I don't know how much free time I will have. 

Thank you all so much for taking the time to visit.
See you all soon!





Sharing at:


19 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! I wish I had a porch. Where did you get your furniture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pinky. We bought the outdoor furniture at Sears. It is from their La-z-Boy Collection.

      Delete
  2. I forgot how pretty the floors are out there! Y'all did such a good job on those! Your furniture is very pretty too. It's hard to find things that last in our humidity, so it's good to know yours are doing fine. Good luck with the home repairs and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty and inviting. Love the new pillows and accessories too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Maria Elena! Perfect space to relax and unwind. I love the lamp and oh my, those floors. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same rain problems here in Virginia. It is getting a little depressing. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love how this all looks. The furniture is very attractive- sounds like you got a great buy on it. It's so strange that you have had so much rain and yet our area was hardly getting any. We are finally getting a bit here and there. I keep hearing about flooding in Texas and all the problems the rain has caused. I hope the home repairs go smoothly and to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful space, Maria. I hope the sun comes out for you soon. We have been getting a lot of rain, too. It's not fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is looking just wonderful, Maria...you are bouncing back and I truly hope the bad storms, if not the rain, are gone.

    Love, love your pillows. I just bought a new outdoor rug at Home Depot and when it stops raining here (!!!), I can't wait to put it out on the patio! :)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely and inviting Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marie Elena,
    Your porch looks very welcoming and sophisticated. Lovely place to relax and enjoy.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. ME- this space looks amazing. Love the colors, and it looks so pretty and classy! Well done, ma'am!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria Elena,
    Beautifully done, dear friend!
    I like the "cool" color palette!
    I could set there for hours on end!
    Wishing you quick and satisfactory home repairs from the storm damage!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Pat! It has been storming so much around here lately that we we haven't been able to enjoy it much. Because of the rain, the home repairs have also been put on hold again. It is going to be a long Summer for us. Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your porch! That lamp really caught my eye, is it electric or battery operated?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/06/make-pretty-monday-week-179.html Have a happy week ahead. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. your porch is beautiful and looks like a really nice place to sit back and relax! I'm going to feature your post on my blog this week as part of Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maria Elena, thank you so much for sharing this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I always love seeing your home inside and out. Pinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a welcoming space for relaxing.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...