Tuesday, May 3, 2016

DIY WOOD LABELS


While I wait around for the repairs of our home to start (this is a slow process) I have been keeping myself 
busy organizing our home.
 Our linen closet is one area I have been wanting to redo for a while, so that was my project last week.
 First thing I did was to find some very large baskets and make some wood labels.




I bought the baskets at Ross.

 
Here is a little tutorial on how I made the labels.
I went shopping in our garage for some old scrap wood and using my husband's circular saw, shhh, 
I cut the pieces I needed. 
The labels are 4 x 6 since the baskets are quite large. When that was done, I drilled a small hole in each one of them and took them up to my craft room to start painting them.
I used a plain black craft paint.


 While they were drying, I made several white vinyl label frames on the Silhouette Cameo.
Applying the vinyl is very easy. You can find transfer material at any craft store, but it is pricey and you only get a tiny roll. I always use contact paper. You can buy a huge roll at Walmart for about $5.00 and it works beautifully.



I followed the same steps to add the letters I wanted.



Now that your labels are finished, to attached them to the baskets I used regular twine and a very large needle.
You can find these needles at Walmart for a little over a dollar for a pack of five in several sizes.


Push your needle through the basket from the inside and pull the twine through, attach your wood labels 
and make a knot in the back (on the inside) to keep everything in place.





Make sure your label is straight, make another knot to make everything nice and tight and with the leftover twine 
you can tie a little bow.

 
And you are finished! 
I made several of these labels to use for my linen closet remodel. I will share the finished product soon.



Thank you all for stopping by.
I appreciate it so much! Have a wonderful day.
xxx

 




3 comments:

  1. You did such a nice job on these wood labels! I am inspired to do this after seeing yours :) My linen closet is in desperate need of some organization and beautification... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever to use the needle to make it easier! I love your organizational skills. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...