Tuesday, December 6, 2011

CHRISTMAS IN THE KITCHEN

Our family spends a lot of time in the kitchen. For one reason or another is where we always gather, even if it is just for a cup of coffee, so, every year, I try to add a little Christmas decor to make our gathering space a little more festive.
I don't do much, mostly little touches here and there and we decorate the island.
Here is how it looks like this year.


Since we use our kitchen table so much, I just put some red pads on the chairs, added a center piece and my Lenox Christmas placemats that I purchased last year.



We decorated the island with Christmas decorated place settings






And, at the last minute, added a glass bowl with some sweets.
Got to have sweets!






I keep my Fleur de Lis candlesticks on the island all year and I just change the candles with the seasons.





This year I also added a little holiday decor to the lamp over the table, just some garland, ribbon and a few ornaments.








I normally use white candles for the table centerpiece, but, this year, I went with red for a little more color
and added to it two small Christmas trees.



On my other side of the kitchen, I decorated my metal chest with poinsettias and Christmas picks and added a Christmas mat underneath.







And, when all was done, my daughter and I did a small Christmas table scape.
Ok, we were bored! LOL
The weather has been terrible and we have not left the house in days now.
Here is what we came up with.


















Sorry, ladies, I didn't mean for this post to be so long. The sun better come out soon or our home is going to look like a Christmas explosion! LOL
I hope you are all enjoying your Holiday decorating. Have fun!




8 comments:

  1. Of course I love it all...looks gorgeous and very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! your kitchen is just gorgeous with all your beautiful Christmas decorations. I love all the glittered ones. I know you and your family must really enjoy spending time in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria: Your home looks so beautiful! You've been a busy lady! I hope you enjoy your Christmas with family. I know your son will be so proud! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore everything about your kitchen! The red just brings it to life; and makes it all so festive!! All of the accents are just wonderful!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely home! You have it decorated so pretty and festive! Your kitchen sparkles with all of the glittery ornaments! I love everything! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything, Maria!! It all looks gorgeous! Where did you find the holly plates?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, ladies! Allyson, you won't believe me, but I bought those plates at the Dollar Tree about 5 years ago. We were having a big get together at our house that year and I needed 24 plates, so it worked out great! We are still enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, Maria Elena! You've got just the right amount of decor going on; I try to keep it simple in the kitchen myself. Love the tablescape you and your daughter came up with. Sometimes it pays to be bored!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...