Wednesday, February 21, 2018

HOME ORGANIZATION IDEAS


I don't know what it is about this time of the year that always makes me want to organize our home.

It is almost a must for me to go through closets and storage rooms since these areas can get out of control quickly, specially after all the holiday decor gets put away.

Today I am sharing with you some organization projects I have done in the past that have proven to be 
the right way to go for our family. 

Lets start with my craft room, my favorite place in the whole house. :)
Although I was perfectly happy with the way it was before, adding an extra storage area inside the closet has 
helped me so much to keep organized and has given me some more room ro create.
You can view a step by step post of how I achieved this by clicking here.





The rest of my craft room is the same after all this time.
It just works for me, so no need to make changes.




Another big organizing project was our linen closet. It took me a couple of days or work, but it has stayed 
clean and organized for over a year and a half now. 

When it is time to put the laundry away, everyone knows where each item is supposed to go.
The baskets I bought at Ross and they were less than $8.00 each. 
I made the wood labels. You can find the tutorial here.


The best organization project I have ever done has been our pantry. I tackled it first back in 2013 and with just a few plastic bins from Dollar Tree I have been able since then to always keep the pantry organized.
You can see the before and after here.



Then in 2016 I freshen up the space just by replacing the labels.



And last year I added a new homemade wood sign on the back wall of the pantry and created a vegetable stand from an old blanket rack I had in storage for years and some pretty and inexpensive metal baskets from Walmart. 
I love my vegetable stand! :)




At that time I also cleaned up and organized the kitchen drawers with some inexpensive flatware organizers from Ikea and created a drawer for my spices using tiny glass jars I already had and cute labels.





Another great organization project that I am still enjoying to this day was the baking station I put together 
inside one of my kitchen cabinets.
I have been using it a lot lately and it has stayed as organized as you see in the picture. 
I love it when that happens! :)


And last, but not least, our coat closet.


This closet bothered me for months! Every time I opened that door I could see it going from bad to worst.
Plus all the space behind the coat bar was unused.
Everyone would come home and just throw their shoes and coats in there and close the door quickly. 
Yeah, I know!!!

One day in the middle of Summer I decided I have had enough and I spent a whole day cleaning and organizing it.
I cut an old shelf I had in the garage and installed it in the back of the closet, went to Target and bought a shoe rack and a small accent carpet, added some baskets from Dollar tree to hold hats and mittens, created a little place to hang the umbrellas and even had space to add an old mirror I have had forever.





All of them were very inexpensive projects since I mostly used items I already had around the house and what I had to buy were very economical items.
I hope this post gives you some ideas on how to organize different areas of your home without spending a lot of money.

Tuesdays at Our Home link party is still live if you would like to stop by and share your wonderful posts.

Have a wonderful rest of the day.
Thank you so much for visiting!



7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness . . . I would hate for you to see my house. I crown you the queen of organization, Bravo!!!
    Thanks for sharing all of your marvelous ideas. All I need now is the energy to get cracken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, organization galore! I love your craft room and the pantry. Well, your entire home is always so neat! I need to take care of my entry closet and you're giving me the push I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness too! What an amazing job organizing your pantry and rest of the house you did dear Maria, everything turned out awesome and with labels too, wow!
    Thank you for sharing it with us, very inspiring, indeed my friend.
    Thank you for your sweet comment, I so appreciate it.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still remember when you organized your pretty pantry! I think your pantry and baking station are my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You kind of amaze me! I feel like I'm pretty with it but you are always setting the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great organizing ideas, Maria Elena! I've been working on my kitchen...cleaning, tossing, re-organizing! Always a work in progress!
    Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria Elena, I know that there were words in your post, but I was just lost looking at all of your dreamy pictures, especially that craft room! 😉 I fall in love again every time I see it. You are a lucky (and very organized) lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...