Friday, April 25, 2014

WALL ART/USING WHAT I ALREADY HAVE


Hello, everyone.
This week is going so fast. Can't believe it is Friday.

Today I would like to share how little by little, I am changing the original decor I had in the living 
and dinning room area and updating it it to a more modern look.

I did most of our living room a few weeks ago. 
You can see that post here and now I am working on the dinning room area. 

If you remember, I told myself I would not spend more than two hundred dollars making the changes I wanted, well, I am being hardheaded about it, LOL so I continue to use my imagination and try to use what I already have.

With this in mind, I decided to use the wall art we already had and update it to give it a different look.



If you don't remember, this is the way it looked before.



The first thing that I did in this room was to remove the valance and add grommets to the existing drapes.







Since the pictures did not match very well with the rest of the new decor, I decided to cover them using a piece of burlap to which I stenciled three different Fleur de Lis designs using a natural color paint.
I took the frame apart and attached the fabric using very tiny finishing nails.




And the best part id that the picture is still underneath, so I can change it to the original look at any time.
Our new furniture will complete this room soon, so until then, I am just making these small changes.

I am sure by now you have noticed I also changed the glass on the small wall sconces.
I was going to remove them completely when I realized we had some white glass shades from an old lamp, 
so I decided to keep them and just change both of them.










I have one more frame to finish for the other side of the window and then I hope this room will start coming together.

Thank you all for stopping by and I hope you have a very enjoyable weekend.
Until next time!




Sharing with:



22 comments:

  1. Nice job Maria Elena. You could not have found a more perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the burlap in the frame and the updated wall sconces. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your really working up a storm in your craft room Maria Elena! love this Fleur-de-lis art so much more than the old one that hung there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your new finishes, Maria Elena! I especially love the new look of grommets on your draperies. Wish you had a tutorial on exactly how it was done. They look so neat and are still the same length to the floor. How on earth did you manage that? I am so impressed with your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, you really did a lovely job of changing your picture to the Fleur de Lis on burlap. It looks perfect for your formal dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you said Maria, small changes, but wow...maximum impact. I particularly love your Fleur-de-lis artwork....Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love our fleur de lis art work! It looks great on that wall too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a crazy-good up-cycle on that art! And burlap use to be junk you tossed out -- who knew it would become such a decorating material! You really updated your drapes, too, and they look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all your changes…your picture turned out great! Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your burlap Fleur Di Lise art Maria Elena. It caught my eye at the Share It One More Time Party. Your home is lovely!
    Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Much more up to date and I just LOVE the change! Thank you for linking up today, have a great evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria, I cannot get this off my mind. It is perfect with your wallpaper, that you stenciled yourself. (Makes my neck ache to think about that one.) Love your ideas anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Fleur de lis art and anything burlap:) Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the changes you have made! And they really are making a beautiful and strong decor impact! I have this post featured and pinned (http://www.pinterest.com/thriftygroove/thrifty-things-friday-features/), TTG FB page (https://www.facebook.com/thethriftygroove), G+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/103188356492940862007/posts/p/pub) and Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great changes! Pinned! Thanks again for being part of our party! Sending love your way! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty! I've always been a fleur de lis fan...looks wonderful!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a clever was of using what you have. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Changing the curtains and the painting really did update the room. Love the fleur de lis on the burlap! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love how that turned out! Thanx for sharing at THT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...