Thursday, April 10, 2014

CLEAN YOUR FLOOR GROUT WITHOUT USING CHEMICALS


Hello everyone!
Another week is just flying by! :)

I would like at this time to say thank you to everyone that linked to Tuesdays at Our Home. 
Thank you for you participation! 
I really appreciate all your visits and comments.

Did you start your Spring cleaning?
I have been doing some of it myself, a room at a time.
Although, this week, I have been concentrating on our floors.
When we built this house, we paid extra money to have all the grout in the house sealed, but, let me tell you, 
I am not sure they did it, or maybe it just doesn't last more than a couple of years.
Whatever the case is, our grout needed some help.
This week, I did some serious grout cleaning. :)





Although I mop our floors twice a week, I have to tell you, the grout wasn't looking all that well, 
specially in the high traffic areas.
 I have been researching to see if it was possible to clean grout without using chemicals.
My youngest son has Asthma and we also have our little dog, so this was important to me.

I finally came across this video on YouTube and I knew this was the way to go.
All you need is a spray bottle with hot water.



 And this power tool, which you can purchase anywhere.
We bought it at Harbor Freight a while back for about $15.00.


 In the video, you will get directions on how to make a little brush attachment for it.






We had some really bad spots, specially the small hallway on front of the door that leads to the garage.
And now, get ready for the ugly truth! LOL



 
I was very happy to see that, with no scrubbing at all, the dirt was coming right up!
This is right on front of the garage door.




And this is the after.







Nice, right?
Well, due to the size of this house, it took me six hours to do the complete bottom floor, that included the guest bathroom, laundry room, hallway, front entrance, kitchen and breakfast area. 





After all was said and done, I mopped all the tile using my regular tile cleaner.
I love this stuff! Leaves your floors looking beautiful every time. 







After crawling on the floor for six hours, I took
three Ibuprofen and prayed I could get out of bed the next morning. :)
It sure was worth all the work. the house looks so clean!


I hope you all have a great day.
See you soon!







3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I only have tile in a few rooms and it is not so bad. However in our previous home it was everywhere and I sure could have used this tip and trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome tip! I'm always looking for new ways to clean my house. :) Also, I wanted to mention that for some reason, your new posts aren't showing up in my bloglovin feed. I realized that I've missed quite a few of your posts lately. I wonder if anyone else has this problem with bloglovin? I noticed I hadn't seen any of your posts show up lately, so I just went directly to your blog and that's when I saw all the posts I'd been missing out on. It's probably just a problem bloglovin is having with their site or something. Anyway, thanks for the grout cleaning tip! I love Harbor Freight by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Maria Elena, this looks awesome! I, on the other hand, would totally opt for the chemicals and some kind of steam cleaner......otherwise I would have to be placed into a drug-induced coma if I spent even an hour on my hands and knees! I'm having sympathy back pain just thinking about your 6 hours on all fours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...