Wednesday, December 5, 2012

OUR CHRISTMAS TREE



Happy Wednesday!

Can you guys tell I am trying to play catch up? :)
Three post in one week! 
I never have this kind of time!
That is what happens when you wait as long as I did to start my Holiday decorating! 
By the time I get it all done, it will be time to take it down. 

Now, this is a first for me, normally I am ready by September, but, not this year.
 It all just happening too fast! 

So, due to my procrastinating, I found myself decorating our home for Christmas at all hours of the night. 
Well, what can you do? It has to get done!

Our Christmas tree is finally up,
 I know, I know, it is about time! LOL
This year, the tree is a little different, I decorated it all with white poinsettias and gold ornaments mixed 
with a little bit of musical ribbon.
And, if you look closely, you can see I also used the same picks as the ones on my front door wreath.




I also created a small vignette on the tray I usually have displayed on the ottoman with the same white flowers.




And I added some ornaments that have some meaning to us.  The gold ornaments with the little trees on them are the ones my husband and I bought the first year after we got married 31 years ago. 

We were leaving in Germany at the time and it was just the two of us, but, we spent so much money on the hand painted ornaments, we did not have enough money left to buy a Christmas tree. LOL We will never forget that! 

We only have a few of them left, but I make sure they show up on our Holiday decorating every year.
I also added some small white angels that were given to us by some good friends.















And, since it is all open space, I also added the same colors and flowers to our entryway table and two little gift towers that I learned how to make from our friend Liz at  
Thank you Liz for the great tutorial!




So, there it is! Better late than never! 
I am sure there will be changes made in the next couple of weeks, but, for now, our Christmas Tree is up. 
Moving on to the kitchen! 

Thank you for your visit and see you all soon!





Sharing with:

















33 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Maria! Loved the story...ornaments and no tree...lol!! You will always have that memory to share. Your vignettes are so pretty; and you did a beautiful job on the gift towers. Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is beautiful! Love the white and gold combo. And hey, don't feel bad, I'm just going to have my decorating completed tomorrow, after I run and get something. AND, we don't even have a tree yet. Hopefully that will get picked up this weekend.

    By the way, I'm having a Christmas giveaway over on my blog, and would love to have you drop by! Here is the link http://housepretty.blogspot.ca/2012/12/christmas-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks so pretty, Maria Elena! I see you are a white lights girl like me. : ) I switched over from the colored lights several years ago. The colored lights were fun when the kids were young. I love that music sheet ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Maria! It all looks gorgeous dont worry I still need to do our living room tree and the stairs I shouldve started way earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful~! love all the glittery ornaments and of course my fav is the music ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria Elena, your tree and vignettes are beautiful! I've had my Christmas decorating done but I can't find the time to take pictures or write a post....LOL. I love the wonderful memory you and your husband have about the ornaments and no tree! Enjoy your evening, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria Elena- Everything is looking absolutely gorgeous. I love your decorating. It is lovely and you did a great job. I can see that you have been busy. Blessings to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet story about your first Christmas together. Your living room really looks beautiful and like something right out of House Beautiful. I really like that musical ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Maria!!! Your tree is absolutely gorgeous! I want one just like it!! What a talent you have in decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria! Your tree is gorgeous and so is your entire room.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly gorgeous! I like the musical ribbon, and the way everything is so beautifully coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a stunning tree, Maria! It's glowing beautifully in your lovely room! Such wonderful ornaments ... love the ones you bought when you first married, and the musical ribbon is fabulous! I love the vignette on your buffet, too! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHH your tree is GORGEOUS! I love the little music paper - Once the kids leave my house maybe I'll get to decorate my tree the way I want to do it again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maria,Your home looks simply gorgeous with all your beautiful decorations...old and new. I find the best way to go is with the old memory ones and new ones, too. I also admire the beautiful ribbon! You're early compared to our house. Santa and the sleigh is up as of a short while ago...the grands will see it when they arrive! :) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. You home is very welcoming, festive, and homey! Makes me want to come stay awhile! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria, soooooooo beautiful! It's a magazine picture for sure. That tree is perfect, love the music theme. You will certainly have a Merry Christmas in that gorgeous living room. Love Patty

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a lovely home and I love the way you decorated your tree and your home for the holidays.
    Patricia here at Seasonal Sundays from Topiary Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home is beautiful and your tree is so beautiful. I love the music ribbon and the flowers, such lovely additions. The colors are my favorite, so of course I love it all. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just Beautiful....love the colors! You really know how to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tree is just beautiful. I especially love the music garland.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tree is gorgeous. I just love your home. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely tree! I really like your drapes. I'm looking for some for the master bedroom, and those would look great with my new comforter. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so lucky to have the perfect spot for your tree! Love the colors. Thanks for linking up.mso happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very lovely!! Tree is beautiful and room looks divine!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Happy December!!
    Vesna
    http://vesna-kreativnostidrugesitnice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tree is gorgeous and your home is beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at the blog hop xo P.S. I have similare poinsettias on my tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your room is incredibly beautiful. I love everything about your room, but especially the ribbon. I am going to be featuring it tomorrow night at my Winter Blues Wednesday party (Fall into Fall). The party will be opening Wednesday at 12:01am instead of Tuesday night at 8pm EST because I am participating in the blogger day of silence tomorrow. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey there, thanks so much for linking up to our Countdown to Christmas link party. We're excited to tell you that we featured your beautiful Christmas tree Stop by and grab our feature button! Hope you’ll continue to link up with us! Merry Christmas! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_17_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. So very beautiful Maria Elena. I love the story about the German ornaments and no money for a tree. They are something to treasure. Thanks so much for sharing with 'Creating Christmas'.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very beautiful home!!! I like warm and earthy tones and your tree is super gorgeous.
    Following you now. Do drop by my blog http://designdecoranddisha.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...