Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A POP OF COLOR IN THE FAMILY ROOM


Hello everyone. I hope your week is going well.
It has taken me a while to get our home kind of put together after taking down all the holiday decor. 
This year I decided not to decorate for winter and just add an everyday look to our living spaces. 
After all, we sure do not get much of a winter in Texas. :)







 I really wanted to use some of the decor items I already had, so I decided to go with a mix of orange and turquoise.


It all started with the pillows. The family room sat empty for a couple of days until I decided what to do. I already had the orange pillows that I bought last year and with a gift card that I received for Christmas and a quick trip to Kirklands to get some pretty turquoise pillows I was able to achieve the look I was looking for.


The decor on the coffee table is very simple since we use this table quite often.


I also decorated the mantle with similar colors. You can see a more detailed post on the mantle here.





 And on the other side of the room I just added a couple more pillows to the small chair and a pop of orange 
to the round table.




We will be shopping soon for a new sofa set and rug. We bought this set eight years ago and although I have to say that it has gotten a lot of use, they just don't make furniture like they used to anymore. 
Bur for now, this is the space where we spend most of our family time.


This has already been a crazy week for us and it is only Tuesday, :) so I will be back as soon as I can 
to show you around our kitchen.
Until then, take care and have a wonderful day.






Sharing with: 


17 comments:

  1. Your room looks lovely.

    I don't decorate for winter either even though we are actually experiencing cold days and rain this year.

    Have fun sofa shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,
    I love the soft hues of orange and turquoise you chose, dear friend!!!
    The mantle decor is a lovely complement to your living room's design!!!
    We chose a very friendly priced sofa 5 years ago, and have been extremely pleased with its wear!!!
    One thing I knew I wanted was three cushions and all square cushions!!!
    I was thrilled that they still had the same set and purchased the matching chair this December.
    The material is an exact match!!! You'd never know they were purchased 5 years apart!!!
    Good luck on your hunt and decision making, dear one!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors make me think of Spring - lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your living room looks "everyday" perfect! When you don't really get "winter", I think the look you have created is just right. Turquoise and orange look great together and your pillows are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look! I've seen those pretty pillows at Kirklands and they're so nice. We sure don't get much winter, do we? We had the a/c on last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors, Maria Elena. I love the combo. I hope is beckons an early spring! Ps... I spy that cute baby in the corner photo. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your living room looks very beautiful! The colors are great together! The mantel looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your mantles, Maria. I love your lively colors for winter. Everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the turquoise and coral color combo. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful room! Love the colors :) Thank you for sharing at The DIY Collective!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using pillows and other accessories to add pop to a room. It also makes it easy to change the mood of a room whenever you like. Thanks for sharing some of your favorite things for the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop! I have pinned this to the Thursday Favorite Things Pinterest Board.

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is lovely and adding the pops of color is so striking. I love those two colors together. The home sign looks fabulous on the mantel.
    I hope you share your. Home at our link party today at 4:00 EST.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely room and the pillows are perfect!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Orange and turquoise are two of my favorite color combos; so combining those colors in your family room is the perfect answer to a long-lasting and any time of year decorating look!

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful clor combo, Maria Elena! So soft and pretty...just like YOU!!! Have a beautiful week. Wish you still had your party:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love! Pinned and tweeted! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at our linky party. We hope to see you next Monday @ 7 because we can’t wait to see your new creations! Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. What is soothing and inviting space you have created! And the pop of color is perfect! You have a good eye for style! I hope you are having a great week! :-)
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...