Wednesday, February 10, 2016

OUR KITCHEN THESE DAYS


Hello everyone.
I hope your week is going well. 

As promised, today I am giving you a small tour of our kitchen. Since it is all an open space, I like it to be an extension of our family room and always try to combine both spaces to flow together.







I always start with the island. The vignette is very simple, I used the old Fleur de Lis candle holders, a monogrammed plate and a little greenery in a small galvanized container.




 The pot rack is back to its regular everyday look.



Around the kitchen I have a few small vignettes, but nothing new. It is all items you have already seen.





On the larger counter I keep a basket where we keep our cell phones and keys. Next to it you will find a small vignette around our house phone. The kids make fun of us and say we are the only people anymore with house phones.  
What can I say? :)



I carried the colors of the family room into the breakfast room by adding some of the same color pillows.



And I decorated the table with a simple runner and my old box decorated with burlap flowers.




I used the orange pillows on the end chairs and the turquoise as part of the window seat decor.




The small table I bought at Kirklands years ago just holds some faux breads and cheese.




Here is looking from the family room.


 And this is my view when I am in there cooking.


You all know it probably won't stay like this long, but for now, I am happy with the simple clean look.
 I thank you all so much for taking the time to stop by and visit. I probably won't get a chance to post again in the next couple of days, so I wish you all a great rest of the week.
Take care and see you soon.






Sharing with:


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Maria Elena! Your kitchen is warm, and so welcoming - great job decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved pictures of your kitchen, Maria...it's simply beautiful and while I may sound like I'm looking for accolades, we share much the same style. I like to have the things I use and also what I love on my counters and island. When I see clean, uncluttered countertops I wonder where the personality is. Yet sometimes I'm clearing off space to roll out dough or have room for multiple dishes, bowls, platers, etc., lol!

    The view of your family room is wonderful-we stay in touch with our families that way. I have this, too, and it's great!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing all your lovely decorations in your beautiful kitchen! We both have cell phones but have a "house phone" too so you are not the ONLY one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful home. I love the burlap flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The simple, clean look is a very nice look, Maria Elena. Everything flows perfectly. Did you make all of the burlap flowers, even the ones that look like hydrangeas? If you did, wow, you did a great job!

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such pretty displays on your island. I love how clean and organized your kitchen is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is always so inspirational Maria Elena! Clean, organized and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen is beautiful Maria Elena. Looks like a model home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little burlap flowers are wonderful - where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria! I totally love your kitchen. You have it looking just so pretty with every little vignette! Love what you've done on your deep window sill too with the bird cages! Happy Valentine's Day!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Traditional and rich. Love the burlap flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria Elena,
    I adore how your Kitchen, Dining Room and Family Room all flow together, dear friend!
    The color palette is soothing, yet cheerful, too!
    The window seat has me swooning!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely kitchen. Love how you dressed your table. Everything flows perfectly and you have made it a cherished home. Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful vignettes ... love your coffee station ... your table centerpiece is perfect ... and the view into your living room is gorgeous, as always! You always create such warm and inviting spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maria your kitchen is gorgeous! I love all your vignettes around and your wooden cabinets, it's a change from so many white kitchens.
    I love the open space directly to your family room. Love it all!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...