Thursday, March 20, 2014

ON THIS FIRST DAY OF SPRING


It is finally here!
After the rough Winter we had this year, I know we are all looking forward to warmer temperatures.
Spring has arrived!




I am in the process of giving my formal living room a complete overhaul, so I haven't had much time 
to decorate for Spring, but I added a few things in the kitchen, since it is where we spent a lot of our time.




I did start by making a new burlap runner to which I added a little trim using the same fabric 
from the pillows on my breakfast area.


I added one of the trays my husband made, a white pitcher with silk and burlap flowers I made 
and two candle holders with two little cute birds.










And next to it, you will find the Spring dioramas I made last month.





I also made this small spring frame using some supplies I had in the craft room.






On the breakfast table, I brought back the flower centerpiece I bought at Kirklands last year.
I did change some of the flowers on it to blue and green to go better with the decor on the island.
And the birdcage is back on the window seat.






 That's it! Very simple.
But it sure makes us feel like the new season is here.
Enjoy the rest of your week!




Sharing with:



24 comments:

  1. Everything is so pretty! You get so much decorating done for the seasons. I bet your family loves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know-I am just kicking myself for not buying that centerpiece from Kirkland's last year. I was just running an errand and thought I would go back and get one...and, of course, never did! Your kitchen looks great all set for Spring. Beautiful!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Spring touches! The decor on the island is so cute! You've got me looking for a birdcage now. Yours is so pretty! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know which is my fav, they are all so pretty and cute! Thanks so much for sharing some of your Spring inspirations with us today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks so pretty with all the Spring touches! I love the Spring frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is all set for Spring! The island looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria, I'm drooling! Everything looks perfectly gorgeous! We are loving spring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To start, you have a gorgeous kitchen sweet Ma. Elena and I love your wooden cabinets and the island is fabulous with all your Spring decor. Perfect and such wonderful attention to detail, such as that gorgeous centerpiece in your table...I love it!
    Happy Spring to you!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Spring! Love your spring vignette and your projects. You are so creative and it all looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Maria Elena!
    Love your spring vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many creative ideas in your vignette, I just love the birds nesting on your candlesticks and your spring burlap banner~the jars full of spring are really cute too!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love the little banner announcing spring!

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Maria, such a gorgeous Spring vignette. Love everything about it - the jars, banners, pretty birds, etc. etc. Your Vignette caught my eye over at the One More Time Events Party!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, all of your Spring decor is so sweet. and I love all the different things you made and used to create this vignette! I am going to pin this post to Pinterest on the new TTF features board! http://www.pinterest.com/thriftygroove/thrifty-things-friday-features/
    Thank you for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitchen is beautiful! I love the spring decor.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your spring vignette and those burlap flowers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks so pretty! Love all you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always do such neat vignettes on your island, Maria Elena! Those dioramas are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty! I hope you will share it at my NEW 'Home Sweet Garden' link up party every Tuesday starting April 1st! Love your shares... Happy Spring! Brooke www.creativecountrymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. a wonderful way to decorate and celebrate Spring. love those burlap flowers. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! I just how you did your island in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute! Perfect touches for Spring. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...