Friday, September 30, 2011

OUR FIRST PROJECT IN OUR NEW HOME

I always wanted a home library! It was my dream for so long!
This was supposed to be the 5th bedroom, but as we started to build the house, we decided to make some changes. We put double glass doors in this room and no closet, so we could make it a library/office.
We build the shelves ourselves. It took us 8 months to complete this project, working on it on weekends, but it was so worth it.


The moldings is what took the longest.
My husbadn built them all himself.





Here is a tour of the finished project.
This is the place I go hide after a long day. LOL
Come on in!











Thank you all for visiting.
Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Helen, thank you!
    That has to be my favorite room in the whole house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I'm sure this is what my heaven will look like :-) I'll in in a chair curled up with a cup of tea and a book -Thanks for sharing your lovely home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Congrats to your husband on all the detailed wood work. I like your styling also, good combo of books and pics mixed in. Nice work! Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well gee, I can't imagine why you'd want to hide in there! (Take me with you, pretty please.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room is georgus. The molding was so worth the wait. Everything looks great, I see why this is your favorite room. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the built-ins are amazing! Your husband did a fantastic job on the mouldings, and you've styled the shelves no nicely. Well worth 8 months of work, I'd say! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...