Wednesday, January 28, 2015

KITCHEN ORGANIZING


Hello, everyone!
I hope you are all doing well.

It seems that during the whole month of January, all I have done is organized our home.
I have gone through about every closet in the house.
The house feels "lighter", but the trash company is not liking me much about right now. :)

And in the last few days I finally have been able to clean and organized our kitchen.
There is a reason for all this madness, you see, our son and his wife will be coming home for good in about five weeks, and soon after, our grandson will be born.

We have busy times ahead of us with six adults and a newborn baby living under one roof but I plan to enjoy every minute of it, not worrying about what needs to get done at home, just enjoying our family being 
complete again at last. :)

Back to organizing! :)

Our kitchen island also serves as great storage.
Underneath it, I store all my pots and pans and the two large drawers hold our everyday silverware 
and kitchen utensils.




And now here is the ugly truth!
Please, tell me someone out there has drawer that looks like this. :)



Yup! Pretty bad!
Another trip to Ikea took care of the problem for just $5.00.


Much better, right?
These plastic organizers worked great and at $0.99 each, you just can't go wrong. 
I bought enough to fix up both drawers.






I wish I would of known about these organizers before I spent close to $20 to organized our other set of silverware.


Until now, all the organizing changes have really helped on a daily basis and I am happy to say, 
everything has stayed organized and in place.
Even after all the baking I did over Christmas, my baking cupboard is still looking good.


 
Remember my spice drawer?


Our pantry was one big job.
It took me hours to clean and organize it, but it is the best thing I ever did.
You can see that post here


And this is today.
After two years, everything is still staying in place and it is so much easier to put food away after grocery shopping.





How about you? 
Are you in a crazy organizing mode like me? :)
 
Thank you all so much for stopping by today.
See you soon.

 

10 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is looking so good and organized, Maria Elena! I need to do a few things in our pantry. For the most part it is organized, but I could use a few things to help out with canned foods and a few other things in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a BIG organizing mode too! January just does that to us, I think. Just last night I did our 2 big kitchen drawers. WE couldn't find half of the baster, just had the bulb. So after dinner I emptied them, relacated stuff that didn't belong and threw out alot of stuff! All the closets and drawers are falling victim to my purge:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfully organized everything is looking, Maria Elena! My spice drawer is a total disaster! Well - perhaps not total, since I AM able to find what I need when I'm cooking - but it is in a state of major disarray! :-) xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria! Oh, I love the organizer you've used in your drawers. They make everything look so neat. Your entire kitchen looks marvelous. Oh, I wish the best on the new little grandbaby!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;0

    ReplyDelete
  5. First...I am so happy that your son and family are coming home...I would be dancing on air! And yes, it will be a challenge, but a happy one!

    I have so many ideas from seeing your organized drawers...I need that. I do keep all of my cooking utensils in a crock (well, two) near the stove so I can grab them quickly. But some aren't used so much and they need to go! Also the bins you have in your pantry...I have many cans and boxes that need to be corralled. Thank you for the tips.

    I want to thank you for the great giveaway gifts...they came the other day and I wanted to thank you personally with an email. Please check that!

    Jane xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, to have an Ikea in town! I think your home defines organized, and it must feel so good. I wonder if you're nesting - grandma style?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been one busy lady! It does feel good to do those purging & re-organizing projects. I just cleaned out and re-organized our pantry. Mine is very small, so when things start getting messy, it can reach the disastrous stage pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so envious of that pantry and your organized drawers. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great. I have one draw that looks like that sorry to say. I don't even think the organizer would fir in the draw as it's narrow. I'm trying to get on the organizing kick. Hopefully working on my linen closet soon. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you're so excited about the grandbaby! Your pantry is so organized. Mine is pretty small, but I try to keep it in order. I need to get some of those baskets like you have. Your baking cupboard is just the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...