Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DIY PAPER BOXWOOD WREATH


Hello, dear friends.
I hope your week is going well.

Today I am sharing a quick project I put together last week.
Browsing through Pinterest, I came across this link on how to make a paper boxwood wreath. 
I found it on a blog I had never visited before. Beautiful blog, by the way.
Diane at In My Own Style  shared a wonderful tutorial on how to make your own paper boxwood wreath, 
so I decided to give it a try.






We have six boxwood bushes outside and I have made fresh wreaths already a couple of times using the clips from those bushes, but the truth is that since I have not learned how to preserve them yet, 
they don't last more than six weeks.

Following her tutorial, this is how I made mine.
I used the Cameo, twelve pieces of 12x12 card stock in three different shades of green, a grapevine wreath 
and the boxwood design she shared on her blog.




I decided to add a burlap bow to mine, so I worked on that while the Silhouette was cutting all my leaves.
As soon as all the boxwood springs were cut, I folded the petal of each spring just as she directed on her blog
 and started to glue them to the wreath.
I used the glue gun.





I love the way it looks on the hall mirror.
What do you think?




Since I already had the grapevine wreath and burlap, the total cost for this project was a little over three dollars 
for the card stock, which I purchased at Hobby Lobby at 50% off.

Thank you all for stopping by.
Until next time!




Sharing at:


15 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks just like a boxwood wreath, especially from a distance. Good job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You have an amazing style for decorating! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That turned out great and has a unique look to it. The way you added the burlap and hung it on your mirror makes it look even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's paper! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I never would have thought that was paper! Amazing! I just love all the inspiration we get from one another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really looks great! I would have never believed it was paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's pretty! It looks so good on you mirror! And it will last forever.. that's the best part :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous, Maria! I would've never guessed it's made of paper! Would love to invite you to share any of your beautiful posts at our party on my blog please :) Hope your week is going wonderful!
    Kendra @ www,joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful wreath! I love the mix of greens and the pretty burlap bow. You can use this all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello cute lady! I’m loving it. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you so much for partying with us. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. We love to party with you! Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea and I will be featuring this post tomorrow on Tuesdays with a Twist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy to feature you at our party this morning! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...