Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A LIGHTER MANTLE FOR THE SUMMER MONTHS



I have to tell you decorating the mantle is always very hard for me. 
Through out the years, there has been many times when I just gave up and put it back the way it was.

This time around, I decided to make my life easier and just use what I already had at home,  
so I did not spend any money at all and there was no stress involved. :)


 With a little paint and using different flowers from my stash, I was able to make it all come together.
I will show you in some other post how I changed the look of the items I already had.




I also reused the set of jars and the lantern my kids bought for me last year.








And the white pots from Dollar Tree decorated with a garden ball.









As you can see, it is very simple. What do you think?
I also gave the rest of the family room a little update, so I will be sharing those changes with you on my next post.

I hope your week is going well so far and I thank you all for visiting and linking to Tuesdays at Our Home.
See you soon!

  
Sharing with:





10 comments:

  1. I didn't know Dollar Tree carried those little white pots...I'll have to pick some up soon! Love the jars and lantern too! You did a wonderful job on your mantel! I also like how you have a spot light above your mantel. That really makes everything look so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and calming!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks so pretty! Love that cute pop of blue; and the jars and lantern add such a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is spectacular!! I adore the jars on the left ~ and the whole composition is very pleasing to my eye! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mantle, it looks gorgeous. Very nice colors for summer too, makes me think of the beach. Your fireplace is beautiful too.
    Great job.............
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't look hard for you...what a great job! Thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mantle. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! The cool blues will be so refreshing during the hot summer days! thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mantel - love the blues and whites and that clock! I do appreicate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors, textures, and shapes of your updated mantel. You always do such a fabulous job with it, Maria. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...