Wednesday, November 26, 2014

BUFFALO CHECK FOR THE LIBRARY



Hello everyone!
Yes! I am at it again! LOL
You already know things don't stay the same around here for too long. 


 I have been wanting this Buffalo check fabric for a while now, but everywhere it cost about $30.00 a yard.
I am sorry, call me cheap, but just for this room with very high ceilings, I needed eight yards and I refused to spend over two hundred and fifty dollars for new drapes.

Remember my "excursion" to Ikea last month?
This is one of the things I bought and at $8.00 a yard, well, you do the math. Great savings!

I am still making changes in the room. Looking for a nice chair cover and a new rug, but this is where I am right now.
Come on in and let me show you around. 



After my craft room, this is one of the rooms where I spend a lot of time, either working on the blog or reading.


It is a simple home library/office, but I just love the peace and quite of this room and the smell of the books 
when you walk in. Yes, I am a "bookworm" :)
And now I just love the clean look of the new fabric.




After I was done making the drapes, I also made some accent pillows and a new table skirt.







I love the way this fabric looks with the white of the library shelves and also with the dark wood 
on the opposite side of the room.




Now I am in the process of getting a new rug.
I can decide what would look better. I love this one from Rugs USA. I saw it first while visiting Marty's
blog and she emailed me back to let me know where to find it, but my luck, the rug is on back order. 


And then I saw this one!
Isn't it pretty?


I think a need a couple of days to decide. :)
Enjoy your holiday weekend! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! 
Thank you for stopping by.
See you soon!




Sharing at:


15 comments:

  1. Hi Maria! Oh, I'm so happy for you not having to spend sooo much money for the curtains! They turned out beautifully and what a pretty color too. Your room is beautiful just like the rest of your house. Such a soothing feel in this special spot! Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous! Isn't IKEA awesome! I have the same fabric on our windows in the great room now ... so thrilled that it was so inexpensive there! Your room is gorgeous ... quite the retreat! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love buffalo check and your new drapes and pillows are fabulous. I also love your library office, what a fantastic space. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, Maria! I would love spending time in this room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fabulous and yes that Ikea fabric is a steal! I have it in our living room as curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know until recently that Ikea sold fabric! So good to know! You did such a good job and saved so much money too! I love both of those rugs and I'm sure whatever you decide will look lovely in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely relaxing combination of colours MªElena! A room I could certainly be comfortable in.

    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love buffalo checks and your new drapes. I'd sure give a lot to have an Ikea closer than 500 miles away. I can't wait to see what rug you choose for your beautiful library. (I'd give a lot to have a library, too! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful room, it's looks so inviting. I would send a lot of time in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria Elena, your new 'creige' (i.e., creamy/beige), buffalo checks in your library are clean-lined and beautiful, and your library a very cozy place.

    Happy December!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how funny - I was thinking that your new drapes would look great in our home office. I have drapes in that colorway already but I really like the buffalo check. Then I scroll down and see you have the same ladder shelf thingy that we have and our desk is also that same dark wood. So, basically, Maria Elena, you've given me a preview of how drapes in the buffalo check would look in our home office! : ) Thanks for that! LOL! I have to schedule a trip to Ikea. This is the fourth thing I've seen that I want to get there, so I should go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marie Elena,
    Love your new curtains, they look fabulous, I have wanted Buffalo check curtains like that too in the same color, but could never find any fabric,
    I saw that on the Ikea sight, but they don't sell it on the site for some silly reason, and Ikea is over an hour away from us unfortunately, but I learned
    from Marty too, about some buffalo check tablecloths and bought those and have plans for doing curtains in my computer/office room as well, just
    haven't gotten to it yet........maybe in January......I can always hope........

    You did a wonderful job, loved the look of the whole room, very nice, elegant and restful and comfy looking.
    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so perfect! Beautiful! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being a part of our party. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. It wouldn’t be a party without you!
    Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this room and the fabric is awesome. I just checked and my local Ikea doesn't have it. I would have to drive over an hour...but think it's just what I will do. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall link party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maria, you did an amazing job on the curtains! Fabulous find on the fabric! I love seeing your library. I think it is one of my favorite rooms in your lovely house. Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/01/make-it-pretty-monday-week-123.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...