Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SPRING CRAFTS IDEAS USING DOLLAR TREE ITEMS


Most of us already have Spring on our minds.

Our weather has been very mild and I had to refrain myself from decorating the house for Spring too early. :)



Although I already have a few ideas in mind, in this post I wanted to share some Spring crafts 
I have done in the past using supplies from Dollar Tree.


These little Spring cloches will add a nice touch to your home. They are easy to make and very economical.
All you need is is an old knob, a glass plate, a candle holder from Dollar Tree and any spray paint you like to make one just like it. To decorate them I used a little moss also from Dollar Tree and some ceramic baby rabbits I already had. You can also use a little bird or nest. So many choices!

Total cost is $2.00.


  
And for one more dollar you can also buy one of their small glass candle holders, paint it and glue it 
to the glass dish to make it a little taller.

Great way to display your little Spring items without spending a fortune.

 
 This next idea was a very fun project and, actually, a Pottery Barn copycat.

  
All I did was buy a bag of Easter eggs and letter stickers at Dollar Tree and I did hang them from 
a flower branch using a small piece of ribbon glued to the eggs.









  Another easy Spring project you can make are these cherry blossom branches. 



I started by spray painting some branches from my tree on the front yard. 

 Of course, I used my favorite paint, oil rubbed bronze.




I bought tissue paper from Dollar Tree and I selected two different shades of pink.




 To make the flowers, I made myself a template with cardboard paper.
 I cut all the tissue paper in 4x4 pieces, placed the two different colors together and using the template 
I started to cut my flowers. 

When you are finished, overlap the two colors together, pinch and twist the ends, add a little drop of hot glue 

and start attaching to your branches.

 
And this is the final product.

Total cost of this project was $2.00 for the tissue paper.


 
This next project was a little more time consuming.

Spring mason jar dioramas.




I already had the tree jars but you can use any old mason jars you have around the house. The first thing I did was paint the lids and I did add some little wood knobs I already had, which I painted apple green and glued to the lids.

I had purchased three glass candle holders from Dollar Tree a long time ago and using E6000 glue, I attached them to the jars. I did let them dry for a whole day, just in case :)
   



And then came the fun part, decorate them!
I put some moss on the bottom of each jar and added some little birds I already had.
I made a tiny banner out of craft paper in the same colors as the birds and I attached everything to two small pieces of branches from the boxwood bush that sits on my flower bed.
 
 I did not want to use any glue inside the jar, so I am not going to lie, it did take me a looong while to get it to fit tight. Everything kept falling to the bottom of the jar. 

Total cost of this project was zero for me since I used everything I already had.


I hope this post gives you a little inspiration to start making some easy and very economical Spring crafts.


 Spring time will be here before we know it. I really don't have a plan yet on how I will decorate our home for the new season this year. We will see what I come up with. :)

First I have a couple of projects to finish. I am redecorating our front porch and also trying to create a guest room.
Got my hands full! :)

Thank you all so much for your visit.
See you soon!



Sharing with:


15 comments:

  1. I love the cloche and what a great idea to add a glass candle holder to add some height! I've always loved those cherry blossom branches too. You have great ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects - all so cute and perfect for the season! I really like the SPRING eggs on the blossom branch. I am SO NOT crafty but might be able to try that - or maybe I need something like that beautiful Craft Room YOU have! When you can come up with ideas like this, it's good you have your own space to devote to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria! Oh, I just love these crafts! Hope you're well and for popping in to seeme.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your ideas are so cute!

    Someone sent me a bunny salt and pepper set yesterday and so I might just have to create a cute spring display somewhere in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recap has put me in the mood for spring crafts SO much!! I love every one of your cute and clever projects. Have a wonderful week, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas! I love every one of these! The flowers are genius!!!I have already decorated for Easter since it is going to be so early this year. All my bunnies are out:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Spring projects! My favorite is the little cloches! Pretty, pretty! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastics ideas:-) I don't know which I like more...but if I had to choose I would go for the jars:-) And who said that you need to spend a fortune on nice decor? The only thing that matters is a good idea:-)
    Greetings:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such adorable ideas!! I've pinned a few to go back to - love the eggs hanging from the flower branches in front of the window - that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all these ideas. I like it all but those dang cute jars are my fav. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have made so many adorable decorations. It's hard to pick a favorite. You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything! You did a fabulous job and proved that decorating on a budget is possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the flowers looked real! Super pretty craft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every project was awesome!!! I especially love the pink flowered branches. The flowers are identical to my pink magnolia tree in the spring. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great creative post. Some fun crafts even kids can be involved in...I pinned a few---Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...