Wednesday, February 24, 2016

REVISITING THE CRAFT ROOM


It is hard to believe February is almost gone and in just a few weeks we will be celebrating Easter.
Life has been busy for us, little things happening every week that have to be resolve, car repairs, several job related trips to the east coast and the maintenance/up-keeping of our home. Never a boring minute!

I have also been spending a lot of time in my craft room preparing Etsy orders. No complains there! :)
I have so much fun sewing.

Today I am just giving you a small tour of the craft room these days. I figured now was a good time since it was kind of clean. :) For me this a work room, not a show place, so it can get pretty messy when I am in there working. 

I really haven't made any changes. Just a couple of things here and there. 





 Please excuse the glare in the pictures. I can not say this room isn't sunny. Lots of natural light, that's for sure. :)

Most of the items I had on the wall and shelving are still there and most of them I made myself.
I use the left area of the room mostly for painting, stenciling and paper cutting.


 I added this small homemade shelf I already had and it fits perfectly under the counter. 
I am using it to store some of my craft paper.




I had to make some changes to the corner counter when my husband bought me this beautiful 
embroidery/sewing machine for Christmas.
I moved the chair to that side and it has proven to be a great space to sit down and play with my "new toy".






As you can see, I still kept next to it my little old sewing area, since this is the sewing machine I use most of the time.



The opposite side of the room has stayed the same.
Last year in May I decided to open up more work space in the craft room by upgrading the closet area.
You can see that post here.
The extra work space has been so helpful to me.







 
The little sitting area is a great place to sit and look at some of my favorite home magazines.






I am also adding more cloth drawers to the center work bench and I am in the process now of making 
some labels for each cubicle.



And that is it. A simple but just perfect space for me to create.





I hope you enjoyed this little tour of my craft room.:)
Thank you so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your visits.
Enjoy the rest of your week.








Sharing with:


29 comments:

  1. oh gawd your craft room is sooooo amazing!!!! I love every inch of every corner.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have a nice craft room! I like how you utilize all the space too. What a perfect place to spend the afternoon crafting away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and oh, so neat and organized craft room you have Maria...if I ever get mine photo ready I'd love to share it someday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous room! And neat as a pin! You must be SUPER creative in here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pinky! I do love spending an afternoon in the craft room just sewing and listening to music. It is so nice and peaceful. Enjoy your weekend. xxx Maria

      Delete
  5. I am always in awe of this room. You have done a great job maximizing every corner...and two distinct sewing areas? You are one lucky lady!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your craft room is so cheerful and bright! What a happy place to create in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have such a beautiful room to do your crafts in! Everything looks so organized and ready-to-use. I'm not the least bit "crafty" but if I had a room like this, I might be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful craft room! It is so organized and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you craft room...it's so neat and organized!! The lighting really highlights all your creative goodies. Thanks for the tour Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! If I had this craft room my children would go hungry as I would never want to come out! ;) Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! What an amazing space you have to create away! Just lovely!!!Pinned :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! It took a long time to build this room, but I am so happy with the result. It is everything I ever imagined. :) Have a great weekend. Maria

      Delete
  12. This room is every crafter's dream!!! It is aahhhmazzzing! I would never come ot of this room if it was mine! Thank you for sharing it with us all! I hope you have a great day!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a amazing craft room!! That island with all the drawers for the baskets is very convenient!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so lucky, aren't we, to have fun and organized craft rooms that we don't have to share with anyone else? Your room is so pretty. You must be having so much fun with that new embroidery machine....truly a wonderful present!

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an awesome room! I love how everything is so organized and well laid out. We're getting ready to build our retirement home and I'll finally have my own craft room! I'd love to have a room like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I had such an awesome room! Thanks for sharing with Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness this is an absolutely wonderful space to be creative. So happy to see you sharing at the hop again. I've missed you, watch for your feature tomorrow xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have total craft room envy.

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This room is amazing! I bet the creativity just flows when you have such a perfect space! Thanks so much for sharing at You're Gonna Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great craft room!! Every crater's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your craft room is super awesome. I love everything about it. I will be featuring this tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving your craft room! I admit I have been wanting to do some pictures of my woman cave that holds extra dishes, table runners, knick knacks but I need to clean it so you can see the floor first! You are so organized, it is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, so pretty and organized! love this space and how you made it so warm and inviting. It would be a pleasure to work in there. Thanks for sharing at DI&DI. xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, I love it. I have the room over the garage for my scrapbooking room. It's big and has a nice big window. But... it looks nothing like yours. My storage is all mix match. Your room gave me so many great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your craft room. It looks beautiful and "user friendly". I will be creating a craft room in an upcoming move. You have given me several great ideas.
    May I ask why your sewing machine sits on glass? I am new to sewing and wondered if I need to consider glass. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michele. The glass was just a personal choice. I had two large pieces from a previous project and I decided to use them in the painting area of my craft room and also under the sewing machine. I wanted to keep the counters free of scratches and stains. I hope this helps you. Have creating your craft space. Take care, Maria

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...