Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME #43


Hello, there!
I hope everyone had a great weekend with warmer temperatures.

Although it has warmed up a little bit in Texas, we pretty much stayed home this weekend working on several projects we have going on right now.

My daughter and I did some grocery shopping early Saturday morning and afterwards, we went out to Dillard's and Macy's and also made a stop at Hobby Lobby and the rest of the weekend was spent at home.

We worked on different projects.
I made a new runner for my kitchen island using some fabric I had leftover from the pillows I made for the breakfast table.





And I also finished adding all the grommets to the drop cloth I had purchased to replace all my porch outdoor curtains.
Now I just have to hem them, iron them and they will be ready to go up.


And I worked on my front porch wreath.



While I was busy doing that, my husband worked on his "indoor project" :) 
He has been working on his new workshop for a while now.
He took a break during the Summer while he rebuilt the back porch and now he is back to trying to finish making his cabinets and counter tops.
Although the cabinets still need to be stained or painted and hardware added, this is where he is at right now.
I know it will be beautiful when he is done.





And when all was done, we gave Angel a little bit of a hair trim and a good bath.
She was NOT very happy about all that.
Look at that face, she was telling me "how could you ???" LOL




And that was our weekend. It sure was nice to be home!


Welcome to Tuesdays at Our Home #43



You can link up any posts that are home decor, gardening, crafting, painting, sewing, cooking,or DIY related.



 RULES ARE MANDATORY, BUT VERY SIMPLE:
 
-Please put a link or my party button on your post

 -No link to Etsy shops, parties or advertising, please

 
  -Please, be a follower of my blog
 
  - Please visit a few other links


That's it! 


     Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!
 

Have fun!


24 comments:

  1. Maria Elena, talent is present in all family members, I see! Your husbands new workshop is amazing! Kudos to him for keeping at it, along with his own work hours and your projects are so pretty, as well! My goodness, you two are busy, busy busy!!

    Thanks for hosting and have a lovely and productive week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Maria, my husband would just go crazy for such a dreamy workshop! :) Thanks for the party! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your latest projects and the new blog header too! Thanks for hosting, and have a great week! Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting, Maria Elena! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of your wreath!

    After sub zero temps and snow last week, we had temps in 60's yesterday. Perfect day to get together with family for a special 8 year old's b'day celebration.:-)

    Thanks so much for hosting Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby will be jealous at that beautiful work area. So neat and perfect! ...Chrostine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love days at home with all the errands already run. I also love your touches of blue in the kitchen and your wreath. Your husband's shop is swoon-worthy. Enjoy your week, Maria. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love a weekend at home 'finishing'...
    Just 'finishing' anything. I like the word "Finish"...
    Thank You for Hosting~!
    Have a Wonderful Week...
    (=

    ReplyDelete
  9. That work area looks absolutely incredible! I'm sure it rivals most kitchens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness girl...you have been soooo busy!! Love your plans for your front porch too. Now if I added those touches here in Michigan it might be a bit ahead of schedule...but you can get away with it in your milder temps. Can't wait to see what you craft next!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects. Great cabinets - I am envious. :) Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the party! Your husband's shop looks great. Maybe he could utilize some of my shop projects. : )

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maria. Thanks so much for the wonderful party. I love your new blog header--it is beautiful. And your new table runner is so pretty. I adore paisley. And your husband's shop is AMAZING. That would be my husband's dream come true!

    - Tasha @ Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY, your husband's shop looks better than a lot of kitchens I have seen. Love what you are doing with the drop cloths. I need to do that. Have a great week and thanks for hosting. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting! Have a lovely week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have curtains made from very similar fabric as your runner! I love it! Thank you for hosting the party! I'd love it if you would join me at This~N~That Thursdays at throughthedutchdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your pretty runner! And you husband's workshop is TO DIE FOR I would LOVE to have that, tell him amazing job!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Maria! Oh, you've been busy. I can't believe your hubby's workshop. It's nicer than some folks kitchens! ;) Thanks for hosting your party.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I will show these pics to my hubby and he will be so jealous of that awesome work shop that your hubby has. Thanks for hosting hun, have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that is going to be some fancy workshop! Thanks so much for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty runner Maria. And your kitchen will be wonderful I am sure. So many cabinets. Awesome.

    I hope you can stop by my blog for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I love the colors of your wreath! I have such a bad case of spring fever. It has been raining and snowing here all day, I just saw your wreath and it was like a ray of sunshine! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...