Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A CHANGE IN OUR HOME LIBRARY


HAPPY SPRING!
It has been a while since I wrote a post. The month of March has been a rough one for me. I started getting sick at the start of the month and was diagnosed with a kidney infection that just won't clear. 

After two rounds of seven days antibiotics, I seem to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but not quite myself yet. Doctor thinks I may be dealing with kidney stones. Just had an ultrasound done and waiting on results.

I have not done much of anything lately when it comes to crafts or decorating. Just keeping up with everyday life and taking care of myself has been a full time job while feeling so sick. It seems the older we get, the harder it is to get over things like these.

On a lighter note, today I am sharing a small change we made in our library/office.



Back in February our son and wife became the proud owners of a brand new home they just finished building. We went to see their new home on a Saturday morning and help them shop for some new appliances and ended up coming home with a new rug for our library.



We were not shopping for a new rug, but as soon as we saw it, both my husband and I liked it and knew it was perfect for this room. We just loved the colors and the quality of it.



Did you noticed the desk chair? It used to be brown leather, but my husband reupholstered it with a beautiful 
cream linen fabric.



The shelves have been decorated the same way for a while now. 
They not only hold books, but also many family pictures and knick-knacks from special moments in time.
There is a story behind each and everyone of those items.



And in the evening when the lights come on, it becomes a wonderful and cozy spot to sit down and enjoy some quite time reading. And this is why is one of my favorite rooms in our home.


Not a big change, but it makes me smile every time I walk by on my way to the laundry room, which is quite often. :).


And that is it for today!
I don't know when I will be back with another post. As I get better, you will hear from me more often.
Take care of yourselves and enjoy every minute of the new Spring season.




10 comments:

  1. I love your library, those shelves are wonderful and that rug is perfect. Such a pretty new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get well as soon as possible, Maria Elena. It's no fun when an illness drags on. You need answers and the right treatment!

    Your library is wonderful and that rug is perfection. You and your hubby are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, I hope you feel you feel better soon. The library looks wonderful (I am too messy for cream linen).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful room, Maria Elena. I love your changes, you must love sitting in there. I really do hope you get answers soon and feel better. Being sick is no fun... xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your library is beautiful, Maria Elena! The rug really does suit the room perfectly.

    Continue to take care of yourself so you won't have a relapse.
    Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you are ill. Feel better soon. Your home looks so beautiful. love the new rug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear! I hope the infection is all gone Maria Elena! I worked with a doctor who said that people would avoid kidney issues if they remembered to drink lots of water daily. I am guilty of not remembering to drink plenty. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new rug! Your library is such a pretty spot to relax and read. Hope you feel better soon. Sending prayers and hugs for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for hosting, Maria Elena! Happy Easter to you and your family.

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m behind on my reading and just saw post. Your new rug is gorgeous and perfect for your library. So beautiful and calming! I’m hoping you’re feeling better. Life has been keeping me busy but now that the holiday is over, I’ll be changing things up a bit and will hopefully get a post up soon. Again, I hope you are feeling more like yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...