Wednesday, July 29, 2015

APPLE GREEN & INDIGO FOR OUR SUMMER PORCH


After the 4th of July celebration and when the red, white & blues were put away until next year, 
our porch sat empty for a couple of days.

I wasn't sure what to do, so I "shopped" my storage closet for some fabric remnants and old pillow covers 
and dressed up the front porch porch using items I already had.




My intention is to leave it like this until it is time to decorate for Fall or I run into some fabric I just have to have. Whatever comes first! :)


I used a mix of patterns for the pillows on the bench in apple green, indigo blue and white.
These are outdoor fabrics, so they do very well in our hot Texas weather.




 The little solar lamp, a couple of DIY candles and some flowers decorate the side table.


 On the door I used my old wreath to which I added a matching bow and two cute dragonflies from Dollar Tree.




I used the old sign from last Summer to dress up the sign post a bit.





It is very simple, but I am loving the bright colors for these hot and sunny days of Summer.



By choosing items I had at home, changing the look of the porch didn't cost me anything.
Shop around your home, you will be surprise how many treasures you have put away. :)

 Thank you all for stopping by and always leaving me such wonderful comments. 
I have also done a couple of Summer decor changes inside our home in the last month, so I will be sharing 
those with you next.
Enjoy your day, everyone!
xxx


6 comments:

  1. So pretty! My hubby's favorite colors are blue and green. You did such a pretty job of mixing your patterns and items, it looks very welcoming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty porch, the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour combo and the pillows look so pretty on the bench. My fave accent piece is the "hello summer" sign - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Pretty...you always do an amazing joy on your front porch....love the colors and all the detail you put into it...Hit the LOVE button

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blues and greens for summer! And yes, outdoor fabrics are great in our weather!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...