Wednesday, December 4, 2013

CHRISTMAS MANTLE 2013


Hello, there!

You all don't know how much do I struggle every time I change the decor on our mantle! 
It is almost ridiculous! LOL

This time around was not easier.
I knew I wanted to do something different this year, but I have been trying to figure out what to do for weeks 
and little by little, this is what I came up with.






I am proud to say I made everything myself, the only thing I purchased were the ornaments for the trees at Walmart 
and the old red church.
Couldn't help myself. It was love at first sight!
I found it at Hobby Lobby and before I knew it, it was in the back seat of my car. :)

I did start by making the cone trees and covered them with three different fabrics.
They sit now on the left side of the mantle.



On the right side, sits that pretty church from HL and on each side my old vases which I painted, decorated with some Christmas embellishments and added to them my old branches with a little fake snow on them and the small ornaments.






In the center I have a wood block, which is nothing more than a piece of a 4x4 that my husband cut for me.
I used Burnt Umber craft paint to make it the color I wanted.

On the block, I added the same letters I used last year, but this time I covered them with the same fabric 
I used for the cone trees.
And next to it, two ceramic acorns I bought last year when HL had their Fall decor 80% off.
Only paid $1.50 each. 







I also made a new garland which I decorated with burlap ribbon, the red burlap poinsettias I made and some ornaments I already had.




On the hearth, two new burlap pillows and my old basket full of poinsettias.








And even when the lights come off, there is still plenty of color on our very white mantle. :)






And that is our Christmas mantle for this year.
Our kitchen is also finished, I think, :) and now I am working on the tree.

Trying to get it all done before we take a little "before Christmas" trip up north.
More to come on that.

Enjoy the rest of your week!




Sharing with:

Debbiedoo's


27 comments:

  1. SO pretty, Maria Elena! I love the red and white and the burlap beige, and in fact, your sweet mantel would be perfect in my living room!! You are so creative!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks enchanting! I so love the burlap ribbons so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, everything is so pretty! Love the burlap and red combination - your trees were the perfect starting place and I don't blame you at all for grabbing the church. The NOEL letters are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So festive and pretty! Love those cone trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooolala... so holiday pretty.. I too am working a bit of red in this year.. love the checked ribbon and like Martina said, the cone trees.
    you did GOOD~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You did a great job! I love how you used the wreath in the noel letters. I like the look of lighted garland too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous! I can see all of your handmade creative touches and that's what make the mantel so special. Your garland is exquisite! And I love the cone trees. I also can see why you came home with the church! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did beautiful. Love how it all came together so nicely. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE it, Maria! You did a great job! I love your garland. The letters are great. I've been wanting to do the NOEL letters {with a wreath for the O}, too, but just haven't gotten around to it. Lesson learned to start making things for myself earlier! Maybe I'll do it right after Christmas this way they will definitely be ready for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, your Christmas mantle is outstanding! Where to begin? Everything is unique and perfect....love all the red! I laughed reading how the church ended up in the back of your car! You know those things often happen in my car! Merry Christmas...it's going to be terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mantel! Especially love your "Noel"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fireplace and mantel look so beautiful. I love the red and the burlap, gorgeous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - you did a fabulous job! All your hand crafted items came out so nicely! This is fun and completely unique. The red church is too cute- great find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. I love the burlap with the red.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to tell you this is one of the pretties mantel's I have seen this year! I love the colors, fabrics and that church is so perfect! Thank you so much for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Maria Elena. I like the fabric covered cone flowers and that you used the same fabric on the letters. Of course, who would not love that little red church? I for one, love it. All together, it made for a lovely mantel.
    Happy days and a Merry Christmas.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mantel is just beautiful, Maria Elena! Your "struggles" definitely paid off. The little red church is adorable and perfect in that spot! Love the cone trees. I've been making some of those, too, but covering them with some other elements which I'll share soon. They are an easy and very affordable way to create cuteness wherever you need it.

    I've been meaning to let you know that I bought one of those Bowdabras and just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mantel is just beautiful, Maria Elena! All of your struggles really paid off! That little red church is adorable! Love the cone trees! I've made quite a few of those, too, but covered them in different ways which I'll share soon. They are just perfect for filling in or adding height and color.

    I've been meaning to let you know that I bought one of those Bowdabras and just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow just beautiful…love your Noel and all the beautiful poinsettia! Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events…Hugs Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Maria, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, a new GFC friend. Stop by to tell you that your mantel is beautiful. Thanks you for sharing. Love your clock, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a terrific job you did. My mantle is the biggest challenge for decorating so I envy what so many of you are able to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this looks wonderful! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and GArden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your mantel looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! I love the Noel and all of the wonderful red! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...