Monday, November 19, 2012

DOLLAR TREE FOR THE HOLIDAYS


Good morning, everyone!

Here we are, Monday morning, Thanksgiving just three days away.
So much to do!!!

This year, I decided to change my Holiday decor color scheme and, 
I don't know if that was such a bright idea! :)
I am really stressing now!
 There is tons of food to to prepare, many pies to bake,
last minute errands to run and our son will be home tomorrow!

So, what is a girl to do?
Of course, sit down and blog! LOL
 Best therapy ever!

Like I said, I wanted to do something different this year but not spend a lot of money changing everything, so the Dollar Tree came to the rescue.
 I had these metal vases I bought at Kirklands a while back during one of their big sales and only paid for them $5.00 each.
I knew I could do something with them! 


 
At Dollar Tree, I purchased little ornaments in
gold, red and green and some pretty ribbon.





And this is what I came up with




I wanted to add some branches, but they were very pricey in the stores, so my husband cut some from our yard and I used my favorite spray craft paint to give them a little bit of a Christmas look.



 To the branches I added tiny ornaments 
also from Dollar Tree.



 And here they are all dressed up for Christmas.







What do you think?
I was able to change the look of both vases for under $10.00
Can't wait to put it all together!
But, first, we have a huge Turkey to cook. :)

Thank all for visiting and, in case I don't get another chance this week, a very, very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!












18 comments:

  1. They turned out so cute, Maria! I am heading to dollar tree later to get some supplies to make some stuff too! :) Best bang for your buck when your wanting to add more decor but not wanting to spend an arm and a leg! I hope to finish the rest of my crafts before Thanksgiving I better get busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always come up with such fabulous ideas. I think these look great, and they look like they would have cost a fortune! You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks beautiful. LOVE the branches!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love what you did with your little vase! It looks so pretty! The branches with the little balls was a great idea.
    Love your new header too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! And they looks SO elegant! Brilliant!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely! I love the warm Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever lady, love your pretty vases all put together for Christmas! Very pretty header as well. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super idea & they turned out great! They really look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Oh, these are just so cute. Can't wait to see where you put them! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous and elegant. I love the gold. Thanks for sharing with our Dollar tree party. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks terrific.. I need some of those JOY things:) and Noel too, so I hope they have those.

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY COW...I am sooo impressed...these are just beautiful You did an awesome job on them.
    I am about to follow you forever....
    xo bj
    Isn't this a fun party!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! The dollar tree has so many great ornaments & I like what you did with yours! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous idea. They turned out great.

    I host a weekly blogging party called Seasonal Sundays. I'd love to have you come and join.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maria, I am currently hosting a link party called "Deck the Halls with Glitter" and would love for you to link up this post and/or any others that are glittery, shimmery, and shiny! Hope to see you there! http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/11/50-ways-to-deck-halls-with-glitter-link.html
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Maria Elena! Love the branches with the ornaments. You really created something beautiful for a great price. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maria, it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...