Tuesday, September 11, 2012

MOVING ON TO THE KITCHEN


Hi, everyone!
I hope you all are having a good week!
Over here, it has been very busy, nothing new. :)

I have been trying on my spare time to get this house decorated for Fall,
but, at the same time, we have a big remodeling project 
going on, so it has been a real mess.
I will share with you all soon, not quite finished yet.

Meanwhile, I have been adding little Fall touches here and there and trying to get the house 
ready for the arrival of our son next week.
Yes!!! My baby is coming home on leave and I want this house as
welcoming and warm as possible, although, I think he is just coming for the food! LOL

We haven't seen him close to a year, since his leave last May was cancelled at the last minute due to an unexpected deployment.
We are both extremely ready to have our three children under one roof, 
even if it is just for a little while!

OK, I didn't mean to get off the subject.
Here is my kitchen Fall decor for this year.
First thing I did was to fill up my metal basket with some leaves and pumpkins.









I used everything I already had for the decor on the island.
The only thing I bought new are the two plates from the BHG collection.








I am also using my old candles I bought at Kohl's  a couple of years ago.


On the kitchen window, I added another small set of pumpkins next no my 
pot with sunflowers and some fall flowers bushes to 
my metal box on the opposite counter.





Over the fridge, I left it like it was and just put up there my
little pilgrims. I bought them at Dollar tree a long time ago, but,
they always make me smile.



Now, on the breakfast table, I normally don't do much.
We use this table daily and I need it to be free of clutter.

I added this new set of placemats I found a Ross a few weeks ago.
 I really liked the warm colors and I wanted to use something different this year. 
Look at the little cloth tassels on the corner!
I only paid $6.00 for a set of four, so I just couldn't leave them behind.

As a centerpiece, I used an old one that I had from previous years.
I gave it a fresh look by adding some burlap and a few new picks I found at HL
 and just filled it up with acorns.

My candles are always on the table.
These are the first decor item item my husband and I ever bought as newlyweds over 30 years ago, so they have a lot of sentimental value to me.

Oh! And I also made the pillows for the chairs using some of the left over
material from the kitchen cafe curtains.










To finish it all off, I added garland to the lamp over the table and 
I reused my old metal wreath on my back door.
I made a new one for my front door, but that is a whole other post! LOL
I don't think you guys can handle anymore pictures today! LOL



As it happens, I made some changes since I took these pictures last week. LOL
What can I say? It is an illness!!!
Just a small new project that involves a little bit of this.
More to come soon!


I thank you all for putting up with my long post and for always
taking the time to visit and leave me a comment.
See you soon!


Linked to:









 






24 comments:

  1. Oh Maria Elena, everything looks so beautiful! Your kitchen looks warm & inviting. Enjoy your time with your son. I can only imagine how exciting you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks beautiful with all your touches of fall! I know how excited you must be feeling right now with the arrival of your son next week, I've been there! Our son will be deploying again soon:( Thanks for the beautiful fall inspiration and I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice for you to have all your kids home together. I know what you mean when you say only for a little while. Your decorations are so warm and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria Elena, I'm really happy for you getting to spend time with your son after all that time! Your house is pretty, the fall touches makes it more inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog. Such a pretty place to visit! I will be back for sure!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria Elena, how exciting that your son is coming home on leave. And your kitchen looks warm and welcoming. Love the colors and especially the plates with "Family Blessings". Looking forward to seeing your new project. Oh, great placemats, too. :)
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your autumn decor! I put mine up on September 1...just had to get fall started, because it is my favorite season and then I posted it on my blog last week...our decor is very similar. I cam over from the blog hop and really enjoyed your post! Please stop by and say hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks great! I love your candle holder on the table with the pumpkins and acorns in it. The new lacemats are SO pretty! Can't wait to see the BIG picture:):) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Definitely warm and inviting. I'm sure your son will appreciate all that you've done to make him comfortable at home again. Thanks to him and your family for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this post?? Your kitchen looks so beautiful, Maria! I love it all!! I normally dont do my kitchen for Fall but I want to this year. Love all of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything in your kitchen down to the last detail. Happy to meet you from Katherines Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think having company is the absolute best motivator for decorating our homes and making them beautiful, and having all your kids at home together with your son's arrival on leave is the BEST company ever! Your home is a show stopper, Maria Elena. The colors and abundance are perfect for the harvest time of year, and everything looks so cozy and inviting. Your son will be dazzled (between mouthfuls of mom's good home cooking!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks beautiful! I always appreciate the inspiration you share at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so pretty, Maria Elena! I'm sure your son is going to be so happy to be home for awhile, mainly to see Mom & Dad & probably some good old home-cooking, too! It's funny, I keep seeing things in your decor that I have -- the placemats that you've used under your tiered basket & on your buffet, I have those, too! Also have those cute little kind of flat pumpkins from Kirkland's, but I'm minus one -- I dropped it when I was anxiously unpacking my Fall stuff last year....:( boohoo! I truly think this time of year just brings out the best in all of us!

    Have a wonderful time with your son!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...your kitchen is just as beautiful as your mantle...thank you for linking up at Share it One More Time...you do have a wonderful way of decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! I am stopping in from the Home Sweet Home Blog hop at Charm of Home. Very 'autumny' decor! Love your island, especially! In fact I recently purchased plates just like the two you have, but I have a set of 4 that I hope to decorate with soon. I also love wire baskets and am drawn to white pumpkins this year, for some reason. :) Have a wonderful time with your family!!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage (http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful fall touches!! Thanx for sharing at tHT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy making happy memories. Your decor is beautiful. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Your participation helps make it a success.I'm sorry I am slow to visit this week as I am fighting a nasty head cold and my time on the computer has been limited.Wishing you a beautiful day .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Maria Elena! I will be featuring you today at Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maria Elena,
    your fall decor is lovely, I love everything about fall! It all looks amazing! So glad your son gets to come home for a visit! Both my boys went into the service right out of HS. My oldest spent 5 years in the Marines, did 2 tours, and got out 2yrs ago, my middle son spent 4yrs in the Af, did 2 tour and got out last May. It's always special when they get to come home! Visiting from Jann's blog party, and have enjoyed browsing thru. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to visit me!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love that tiered piece with the arrangement in the first picture. Is it a recently purchase at someplace that might still have them? I'm sort of fall'n for it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You fall decorating if just lovely! Will you come decorate for me? ;0)
    I haven't forgotten you! I am just so far behind in visiting and commenting. I'm trying to play catch-up.
    Enjoy having your family all home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...