Wednesday, September 26, 2012

COPY CAT CHALLENGE PARTY AT DEBBIEDOO'S


Well, you all know I just love the copy cat parties at Debbiedoo's!
I try to join in the fun every chance I get!

This time around. I have a big project we just finished last week.
My inspiration for this copy cat did not come from a magazine, it came from 
another blogger, Tammy, from Curb Alert.

Tammy and I have known each other for a long time now.
We met at another decorating site about three years ago and she has always been a wonderful
and very helpful friend. Actually, she has helped me before with other projects around our home.
Go visit her blog, she always has the most amazing projects.
You won't be disappointed!!!
 
My copy cat involves a little bit of this.
Well, really, a lot of this!!! :)



It all started when Tammy posted this picture.



Her front entrance and ours are very similar, I believe we have the same home builder.
My husband and I just fell in love with the molding around her front door.

Actually, she is the reason we did the molding also in the inside 
of the house a couple of years ago. 

And back then, she even went out of her way to email me pictures and close ups for my husband to see how to go about doing this project.




So, the construction began!
This is our front door before.


 During remodeling





It has taken us three weekends, from sun up to sun down, to finish this project.
Like always, everything that can go wrong, went wrong and,
when it was all said and done, it started pouring rain.
Not funny! It rained for hours! LOL
We never thought we were going to be finished.



 Yeah! Thats us reflected on the door admiring our awesome work! LOL


And then came the painting part!
It took me 5 1/2 hours on top of the ladder to finish it.
I do NOT like ladders!
Because of all the little design on the molding, I had to paint the whole thing with this little brush.
 Don't have to tell you the soreness I am feeling this week, do I? :)


And here is our finished front door molding.
I painted it with SW Natural Tan outdoor paint
which is the original color the builder used.
Great paint, by the way! I bought one quart and I didn't even
used half of the can.



My husband built every little piece of molding.
Isn't it pretty?
Look at the detail around the window!







Before and after


Next step, we have to re-stain our door.
The Texas sun has done a number on it, but we have finally
located the name of the stain color and we will be doing that 
as soon as the weather cools off a little.

We also want to add some small embellishments  to the molding.
We are thinking a small Texas star over the door.

My front porch is already decorated for Fall and I will be sharing that
 with all of you on my next post.

I want to thank Debbie for hosting this wonderful party and,
I want to thank Tammy for all her help and inspiration.
You are awesome!

Thank you all for stopping by!
See you soon!




 Sharing at:









25 comments:

  1. I don't think my husband would ever get involved on a copycat like yours. You have a great husband. Super duper fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a difference. Beautiful job!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is some inspiration there girl! Tammy rocks, and always has great projects to share too. Thanks for sharing your grand entry with us all. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is truly amazing! All that hard work has certainly paid off...what a stunning result. I don't think there's a copycat to top this one. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great addition to your entrance! I love the moldings that you've added. Now, that's a grand entrance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love your door molding/frame. It looks wonderful and what a great copy cat project. I laughed when I seen the teeny tiny paint brush that you used. I bet you are sore from ALL that painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Your husband is a skilled carpenter! What a fantastic job he did! I love mouldings, your door is completly my style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, it is AMAZING!!! I love it! I had no idea Tami did hers herself that's so cool! You guys did such a great job it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allyson, I WISH it was my handiwork but have to admit the homebuilder did that fabulous molding. Maria and her husband are quite the team and did such a fantastic job on theirs!
      Tami

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful entrance! The new moulding makes a big impact. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great blogger friend you have to help you! It's beautiful, it really adds character to your door:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness Maria Elena, that looks AMAZING....I love it!! I agree with Shenita...that's a grand entrance. Hope you have a wonderful day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your entry looks so much prettier now! Great copycat. :D

    Linking from Debbiedoos,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, Maria Elena! Such an impressive front entrance ~ it really adds to the beauty that was already there. It sounds like it was hard work, but it was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Now your front door looks so grand. Super looking copy.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG that is awesome! You guys did a fabulous job- I'm so impressed! I'm showing this to my husband for a future idea! We are desperate for something better looking on our house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your copy is so much prettier. I love all of your details. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maria,as you know, I've known you for about 3 years, too! Every time, I think you cannot do anything more amazing than the last time...you and your husband complete a fabulous project! My goodness,would y'all like a vacation in Tennessee? There just might be a door project here! Hope y'all find time to relax and enjoy the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that looks amazing, Maria Elena! You and your hubby did a great job!

    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I have truly "fallen" for your darling images! :)I just love this entryway. I need to pin this. Please link this fantastic post up today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You and your husband did a wonderful job on the door molding! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best copycat EVER! Such an honor to call you my friend Maria. You and your husband did such a fantastic job, so very proud of you. Now go sit back and enjoy that beautiful view! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Job! You perfectly copycat these molding design ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work. I'm inspired for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am
    a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking
    to swap techniques with other folks, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.


    Also visit my web blog - simply click the up coming website page

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...