Thursday, July 30, 2015

SUMMER MANTLE


Hello everyone!
I decorated the family room a bit for the Summer months several weeks ago and today I am sharing 
with you our Summer mantle.
 
  
I always have such a hard time changing things up on this huge mantle. It sure is a challenge for me. :)
This is what I came up with this year.




I bought a couple of things, but most of it is homemade or items I already had at home.
 
On one side I used an old vase and flowers, the glass jars I had for years and a small wooden shell decoration 
I found at Hobby Lobby at 80% off. I paid like three dollars for each one.
The little sailboat I made myself since, sadly, all the Summer decor is almost completely off the shelves in most stores.


 This was a fun project.:)


For the center of the mantle I made a "Beach" sign.
 

 
 And the other end looks pretty much the same with the addition of a glass jar I bought at Kirklands also on sale.
I decorated it with some sand and seashells.




 I don't know if you noticed the new frame on the left side of the mantle.
It was another Kirklands find and on sale for $20.00. I just couldn't leave it behind.



 And the hearth is decorated with two new pillow covers, the lantern my kids bought me for Mother's Day and 
the second homemade sailboat. 
I couldn't make just one! :) 





 
The rest of the family room is very simple, but I will be sharing it on my next post.
Thank you for your visit!
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Your mantel is very pretty, Maria Elena. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love your mantel!!! The way you have it decorated is beautiful, we are huge fans of nautical being that we have owned four sailboats :) but what I am most impressed with it your mantel board. Our fireplace is similar to yours, all flagstone even the mantel and it seems very hard and cold. Yours is so welcoming and warm, I love the wood and pinned it, to show my hubby:)
    Thanks for sharing.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your summer mantel! I never understand why all the stores around here get rid of their summer stuff so early. I mean, we still have at least a couple more months of summer-like weather around here. Anyway, I always enjoy seeing your seasonal mantels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Maria! Oh, you're so clever and your mantel looks so lovely! The beach theme is just perfect for summer. Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi maria...you are a source of inspiration and tasteful decorating...your skills and talents come forth in many areas and the results are delightful...the home you and your family have created is comfortable and cozy...i particularly enjoy the sailboat...thank you for sharing...sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. ME, your mantle looks AWESOME - I think it is just perfect!

    Summer is here, it is NOT FALL yet- so let's just enjoy it while it is here so briefly, right?

    Nicely done. : - )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific looking mantelscape! That beach sign is fantastic and how clever of you to have made it! I always like how you incorporate some pillows in your décor and the ones on the hearth really soften the look of the stone. The homemade sailboats are what "make" the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the coastal look on your summer mantle. I looked for a sailboat too. There wasn't any summer stuff left on the shelves weeks ago. I have been thinking to make one out of Styrofoam but I don't think it would hold up well. I have a small sail boat that I found out thrifting but I really had my heart set on a larger one for a coastal tablescape (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantel looks so pretty! I love the beach sign and all your coastal touches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...