Wednesday, May 2, 2018

REFRESHING THE POWDER ROOM

Hello everyone!
It is hard to believe we are already in the month of May.
In Texas we have been having very warm weather for a few weeks now and with the change of seasons always come the need to refresh our homes.

I have been giving our home a good Spring cleaning and making a few simple and economical changes.
My latest victim was our powder room. :) 
It has been decorated blue and green for a long while now and I was a little tired of it.

My daughter and I just changed her whole bedroom using the pretty blush color that is so much in fashion now and I liked it so much I decided to use those colors in our powder room for the warmer months.






The first thing I did was buy a few blush color towels.
I bought these at Walmart for under $17.00 and paired them with the white towels I already had in this bathroom.


Next I focused on the wall art.
I have been looking at these frames at Michaels for a while now, but they were a little pricey, specially since I wanted four of them. They finally came on sale a couple of weeks ago at 70% off, so I paid $6.99 for each one of them.
You can find them here.


The botanical prints I printed free online from the blog Apartment Therapy.
When I saw them I knew they would go nicely in this space.



Over the toilet I placed a basket with extra bathroom tissue and replaced the background on the small frame over it to go with the new color scheme.



For the shelves I shopped the house and decorated them with items I already had and that you guys have seen 
a hundred times.







Next to the sink I just placed a wooden candle holder I also had from my old set but that it goes nicely with the frames.



And that is it. Total cost of this update was around $47.00.
Here is a before and after.



Thank you all stopping by the blog today.
I have also made some changes to the family room and I will share those soon, including my daughter's bedroom, which, BTW, is looking gorgeous. :)

Take care of yourselves and I will see you soon!




11 comments:

  1. Love it all, such a pretty room and the blush is amazing. Where did you get the shower curtain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello maria elena...love the blush...and paired with the brown shades and the green brings in a bit of an "earthy look"...you have a wonderful artistic sense and touch...a most lovely make-over...looking forward to seeing the other changes...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I’m loving the new blush color, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific job you did refreshing the look in your powder room with just a few changes! Love the blush colour and you've coordinated it perfectly with the brown frames and the pop of greenery on the shelf. I'm inspired to take a second look at our bathroom and do something similar - at least, like you, I have a neutral background to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Elena, I love the blush accents you've added to the room. This is one color that I really love. It's so soft and flattering for people and spaces. Those towels, the smart free art, and the accessories are perfect. Pinning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and soft changes. The wall color is so soft. Everything you used made thi as a perfect change

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it- A nice change for not a lot of money. I like how much the shower curtain ended up working even with changing the basic color theme. Looks great!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty. I wished we could do that, but we are going to start replacing things and it is going to be a mess for a long time to come I think. HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! The pop of pink in the towels is so pretty and the artwork is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks lovely! I love when spring rushes in and all the wonderful colors come with it. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria, you've got a beautiful powder room indeed. I like the color context of the wall. The very light pink color is my favorite. Love the combination of the towels, curtains, all are matching. Just perfect.

    Regards & Love
    Stephanie from Homescute.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...