Thursday, October 12, 2017

$1.88 FALL PILLOW

Hello dear friends!
I hope you are all doing well.

It is finally starting to feel a bit like Fall time in Texas.
Although we are still having very warm days, we have woken up to weather in the mid 50's for a couple of days now and the humidity is much lower than normal.
We are enjoying it while we can! :) 

My days have been busy lately, but in those few rare moments I don't have anything to do, I have been finishing a few fall decor items for our home.

Today I want to share some pretty simple and cute fall pillows I made for our back porch.



These pillows are nothing more than some fall placemats I bought at Walmart for $1.88 each.



They are reversible and they have a similar finish to outdoor fabric and they repel water, so they are perfect to 
display on the porch.


These were the easiest project ever.
Using my sean ripper, I made about a six inch opening on the bottom of each placemat.



Filled up each placemat with poly fill I already had and when they were fluffy enough, I sew the opening closed 
by hand. You could also use some hem iron on tape.
You can find this poly fill at Walmart for about $3.00 a bag.




And that is it! Super simple.



I made four pillows to give the outdoor furniture on the porch a little color.




I am still working on decorating the back porch.
Now that the weather is not so hot, I am ready to buy some fall flowers.
I will share the update soon.

I probably won't get a chance to blog again this week so I want to wish you all a wonderful weekend.
Thank you for stopping by!



10 comments:

  1. That is so clever and very pretty. I never thought of that. I will be on the look for some placemats next time I make pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the instructions on how you did this! I am going to get a seam ripper! I don't sew but could certainly do this. I LOVE the fabric and print! Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! And you sure can't beat that price.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pillows, Maria!! And love the price!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Placemats? Girl, you are super clever! I love these pillows! And thank goodness we've had a slight dip in the humidity levels here in Texas. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect. You did a great job. The pillows are lovely. Walmart always has THE BEST placemats. I buy their vinyl ones for outdoors, too, and they are just great...lots of choices. Hope you have a great weekend.xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I would never have that of that! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pillows look terrific and no one would think they were placemats! Thanks for the instructions - might even be simple enough for this non-crafty, non-sewer to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillows are so cute, Maria Elena! I'm due for a trip to Walmart and may just have to check those out. Here in AZ, we are just about ready to move outdoors, too, with temps finally coming down!

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that is a great idea! I will have to look at placemats differently now. Your outdoor sitting area looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...