Tuesday, October 18, 2016

FALL ON THE FRONT PORCH


I have been waiting for the temperatures to go down a bit before decorating our front porch for Fall.
Finally, we started to have some cooler days so I figured it was a good time, after all, I don't want the neighbors to think I have finally gone off the deep end. LOL

Well, it is a good think my Fall porch is very simple this year since it seems Summer is back, yesterday 
we reached 94 degrees. :(





Like every season, I made some new pillows for the bench.

 
 I mixed burlap with a pretty Fall fabric I found at Joann's.


 And to finish it off, I made an "Autumn" pillow with a scrap piece of drop cloth that I had in my stash.




 On the door hangs the wreath I shared with you a few weeks ago.



 And next to the door, I decorated the post with a cute little sign I bought at Hobby Lobby and 
a pretty plant with Fall colors.
I was doubting on buying any Fall flowers, because with these high temperatures they don't last two weeks.
One Saturday while shopping at Home Depot for some supplies I came across this pretty plant. Loved the rich colors of the leaves and it said on the label that it can be placed outside on very warm weather. Sold!:) 
The plant is a Croton Petra.








And that is what the porch looks like now.
I may add a few flowers and pumpkins as the weather gets cooler, but for now, we will enjoy 
this simple and clean look.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. 
I am adding some Fall touches to our back porch now. I will share with you all as soon as it is finished.
Meanwhile, enjoy the rest of your week.

See you soon!




14 comments:

  1. Your porch is so pretty, Maria Elena. You can plant your croton in your flower bed. It's perennial here in Texas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, you always do such a great job making your porch and entry so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wreath! Very smart buying the autumn coloured plant, which will last longer, and your pillows are always the prettiest!

    Happy Tuesday!
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! That sign is just so pretty and I love the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wreath is very pretty and the pillows are lovely. Wonder how you did the letters on the Autumn pillow. I have so much to learn in terms of craft and art. Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! As always, love the pillows you made. I bought that same type of plant for my daughter's house years ago and it is still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely welcome to your home! Who wouldn't want to come in to see more?! I love the wreath and especially the bow on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Just a bit of Fall decor until the weather cools off a little. It still feels like Summer for us. Take care, Maria

      Delete
  8. Maria love your new pillows on the bench. So pretty. We are having unseasonable warm weather here in the midwest too. It is suppose to begin to fall in temps for us this week end and feel more like fall. Have a great rest of the week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful! I love the wreath and the pillows are always so pretty. We've been hot too, but there's supposed to be a cold front on the way. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your porch looks so inviting, Maria Elena! I love that pretty Fall fabric pillow!

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow loved your porch and fall setting specially the door look gorgeous and fall fabric is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your front entry area looks great! I love the contrast of your pretty light stone and your dark stained front door. The Fall accessories look good with your house colors too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...