Before the week ends, I would like to share with you a small project I did days ago.
I have been busy helping our children with the move to their new home, so during the little time I have to myself,
I am trying to get our back porch cleaned up and ready for Summer time. More to come on that.
One of the things I did was to update the candle sconces.
They have been on the porch for over five years and although they still looked ok, they were sun bleached
and in need of a little help. This is the way they looked.
And this is now.
Many changes are happening on the porch, so I painted them using a color that will go well with my new color scheme.
For this project I used chalk paint from Hobby Lobby.
I took them in the garage, gave them a good cleaning, painted them with the chalk paint and when they were dry, I distressed them to let the brow/gold color show through.
When they were finished and because I wasn't sure how the chalk paint would do outdoors, instead of using wax,
I sprayed them with a clear sealer to protect them through our very hot Summer months.
And they are now back on the porch next to my new outdoor curtains.
Oh, yes! I have also made new drop cloth curtains for the porch, but this time around I did something different.
I will share that with you on my next post.
Here is a before and after.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!