Wednesday, December 17, 2014

ENTRYWAY, STAIRWELL AND "DOLLAR TREE" GARLAND



How is that for a tittle? LOL
I have been trying not to overwhelm you with all my Christmas decor pictures, so I decided to do 
an "all in one" post of our entryway holiday decor.




Come on in and let me show you around.





 On the right you will find our hall chest.




 And on the left side of the entrance, just a little Christmas display.




 This year I also decided to decorate the banister once again, but I gave my old garland a whole different look.



 Bur before I did all this, I spent half of the month of November painting the wall on the stairwell.
If you remember, this is the way it looked.


And this is now.
A lighter and cleaner look. The truth is I was a little tired of the brown color. :) 
And I think the white will look prettier when we take off the carpet and add new hardwood steps.


 The rest was easy.
A quick trip to the Dollar Tree to get a few supplies and for under $20, I gave the old garland a makeover. :)




Even the stockings and ribbon came from Dollar Tree.













Thank you all for stopping by!
Enjoy this time of the year.
XOXO




Sharing at:


13 comments:

  1. Your house looks beautiful and festive for the Christmas holidays and the stair way it's gorgeous. I love the freshness after the paint job you did and the new revamped garland is fabulous with the pretty white stocking...and for under $20 !
    Merry Christmas.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Maria! Oh, my goodness - how beautiful! First of all I love the look of your newly painted wainscoting! The white looks so pretty and shows off your beautiful home better. Now I love what you've done with your banisters! Who would have thought all of those pretties at the Dollar Store!! Your home looks so beautiful and I'm ready to see more.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive, Maria Elena! The Dollar Store comes through again!:-) xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is beautiful! Your stairwell looks so much brighter and current with the white painted below. That's was a lot of work but worth it!! I wish my stairs had all that molding but it's round...I wonder if it could still be done.

    I'm curious about your stairs. We have carpet on ours also and when I asked about making them wood I was told it couldn't be done without rebuilding the stairs. Our stairs were built for carpet so there's nothing pretty underneath. They said the height of the stairs would be wrong. Does that make sense? Have you been told the same thing? I just can't believe that our whole staircase would have to be rebuilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful railing decorating! That looks like it was a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is stunning! Love the painting above the hall chest - the colors are dramatic. I enjoyed seeing your decorations for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic job there, Maria. I just love it the light bright colors you have chosen. You did a beautiful job and I love it xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe you got your supplies from the Dollar store! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty garland, Maria Elena! I love your staircase. Such a nice feature in your entry that really draws the eye up. Love your Christmas touches throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully decorated foyer and staircase...truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your holiday decorating looks wonderful and the newly painted stairwell looks fabulous- what a big job! You have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stair garland is so pretty! It's a nice compliment to the beauty of the staircase.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!! I didn't know they had those pretty stockings and ribbon at dollar tree! Can't wait to see how you re-do your stairs! It's going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...