Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A NEW & IMPROVED GUEST BATHROOM



Let me start this post by saying thank you to everyone that linked this week to Tuesdays at Our Home.
I appreciate your support very much. :)

Today, I am sharing the changes I have made to our guest bathroom. 
I got a little tired of the darker colors and went a lighter this time around.




Here is the before picture.


To be truthful, I didn't want to spend a bunch of money changing things in this space, so I gave myself a $50.00 budget. Let me show you what I did.

First, I emptied the whole bathroom, cleaned it from top to bottom and I patched and spot painted 
all the little nail holes on the wall.
The next day I went to Ross and I purchased a new set of drapes in a neutral color that will allow me 
to make changes later on without having to replace them again. 
To save some money, I used the existing bar.





 Meanwhile, my husband built me some new ledge shelves.
I tried shopping on line for these, but they were quite expensive. 
Thanks to my husband, they were free for me since he used leftover wood and paint we already had.
I painted them rubbed bronze first and when that was dried, gave them a light coat of of sating Heirloom White.



 
To finish them off, we added a little Fleur de Lis embellishment.




And soon after that, my very empty bathroom was ready to get dressed up. :)





To decorate the bathroom and shelves, I just "shopped" my storage and linen closets.
Using some old frames I had and the Silhouette Cameo, I made a few decor items which I paired with a little greenery and some orange accents for the Fall season.









Underneath, I placed another old frame I made with a glass knob from Hobby Lobby and a basket 
with a few extra hand towels.






On the vanity, I just added the vase I found at Ross on clearance, a few orange branches I already had from last Fall and the old candle holder I had in the kitchen over the Summer.







On the opposite wall, I used the old frame I fixed last month, a few towels and I used the old metal basket I bought at Kirklands a few years ago to store at hand a few more bathroom supplies.







I finished the bathroom with a new creamy rug, also from Ross.
It came with two pieces, but I only used the larger one.






Here is a before and after.




Lets see how I did on my budget.


 And that is my $50.00 bathroom remodel. 
Hope this post gives you the inspiration to make changes in your home on a budget. 
With a little shopping around and using old things you already have in your homes, you can make changes without spending a lot money.

Thank you all so much for your visit.
See you soon!







 
Sharing at:



28 comments:

  1. I like the lighter transformation SO much! The dark can get dreary after a while, but I think that lighter colors wear very well and are cheerier, any time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love it. Isn't it fun to go neutral and then see how many changes you can make with just a few accessories. The new bathroom looks amazing. Love those curtains too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks REALLY great, Maria! I like the lighter colors and it looks so fresh and pretty. I love the shelves your hubby built and you did a wonderful job on a $50 budget!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely! I love the lighter look! You've given me a lot of decor ideas from this post too. I think I have the same glass jar like yours (the one with the tassel hanging off the lid) except on mine, the lid and base are a gold color. I totally want to paint them white now. :) I also love the idea of framing a key with a pretty knob. I have a key I got in the Michael's dollar section that would work perfectly and I know Hobby Lobby will have a great knob. Good for you for staying right on budget too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely! Now - I'm ready to be the first "guest!":-) Super use of things you already had on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty! My favorite part is the shelves your husband built but those curtains were such a great starting place. You are so good at decorating for good prices. Seriously! That's a great room now....I have one just like it that needs to be lightened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty and you did all for under $50.00, I love the brighter look and the vase too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, Maria Elena! I love the lighter look. A nice makeover for under $50.00, too. It's funny, I just went a little darker in my guest bathroom changing out the white towels for a warm colored stripe and putting up my matching striped shower curtain. The summer shower curtains was white with blue grey flowers and the striped one for fall has the browns, tans, grays that seem to suit this season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It gave me some inspiration to get going on mine! Very pretty and I also like the lighter look...you sure did good on a $50 budget, and you were under.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you really can take a budge and stretch it into a beautiful makeover! Very Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an amazing lady! And an inspiration. It was a terrific idea using the draperies as a shower curtain. We have a new Ross near us, I've never been to one at all so I will have to pop in. I really applaud your husband on the floating shelves. I bought two and we had a heck of a time hanging them and even watched a You Tube demonstration! I love all of your little accents...so many ideas here. You did a great job! :)

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi marie Elena,
    Love how your guest bath came out. It looks fresh and clean and updated. Altho it was beautiful before I know what you mean sometimes you are just
    ready for a change. I am, but just can't seem to find a shower curtain that will work.............ughhhhh
    Loved the blue with the touches of orange for Fall, very pretty and very modern looking.
    Great job, on not even spending your budget..............
    It all looks lovely.

    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your update! The draperies as a shower curtain are fabulous. I have actually been contemplating using a shower curtain as regular curtains lately. They have so many beautiful designs and some of them are made from fabric rather than the vinyl I grew up with. The shelves are probably my favorite item. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this makeover, such a pretty bathroom and one that anyone would love to have. Great budget project too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. its wonderful and under budget too. You are a decorating rock star my friend. Thank you for sharing atthe Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This transformation is stunning! I love the neutral canvas you put together...then the accessories just pop! I really like the little "pops" of orange you used for the fall. Thank for sharing this at my Creative Ways Link Party!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful transformation. I love all the neutrals with the touches of blue and orange. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work! I love everything about the transformation!
    Thanks for sharing at Merry Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way much prettier Maria...and yes, the new 'light' transformation is gorgeous! Wow, I am impressed at how little you spent beautifying it that way!
    Love, love those shelves!
    Have a sweet Sunday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the lighter accents! Especially those curtains and vase. The best part is how little you spent! Thank you for sharing at the Merry Monday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks amazing! Pinned. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing transformation. I love the colors you introduced to make the room so much brighter and interesting. Congratulations on the budget! $50 is challenging. I would have blown that in paints alone. Fantastic job!


    Have a great week~
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really a fun change! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this looks like a totally different room. Such an amazing transformation for under $50!!! So light and fresh now.
    Suzyq

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your lightened and brightened bathroom. It looks beautiful! I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the "new" bathroom. Love the curtains. Wish we had a Ross where I live. I have shopped there in Florida and know you can get some real finds!! Your room is so nice and soft looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, I don't know how I missed this post, but glad I finally saw it. You did an amazing update at an amazing cost, Maria Elena! I really like the lighter look, and the new curtains are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...