Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Trying to add some color to my kitchen


Our kitchen is for sure the most used area of our home.
It is where we always gather at the end of the day and where I spend many hours 
every week cooking, cooking and cooking meals for my family. :)
 I just love to change the decor in my kitchen!

As it happens, I just celebrated another birthday a couple of weeks ago
and my husband and kids presented me with a very generous gift card  for one of my favorites home decor stores.

I am trying to hold off to use it to buy some Fall decor, but I just couldn't resist 
a little shopping trip this last week. 
This is one of the "treasures" I found. A very nice metal basket.




I used it to display some faux fruits, breads and wine on the kitchen island.





After I set up everything, it still looked like it was missing something, 
so I went to HL and bought a yard of this pretty checkered red and cream
fabric, which it was on sale, and made four napkins.
The cost was just $3.50. Not bad!






   I just love the bronze finish on the basket



Nothing fancy. Very simple, but it added a little happiness
and color to the space.
I will share soon the other items I found during my little shopping escapade. :)

I hope you guys are having a good week, even with these hot, hot temperatures
we are having. Stay cool!
And, as always, I thank you all for taking the time to stop by!


Linking to:








9 comments:

  1. MarĂ­a Elena has comprado bonitos objetos.
    Beso desde Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria: It looks awesome, and LOVE the big glass canister. Where
    did you purchase the canister? Your home is so beautiful! I loved the picture
    of you and your niece, from your vacation pictures, adorable. HUGS from Pensacola!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the metal basket is great! and the fabric adds softness to the metal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I'm your newest follower ;)
    Susan
    must love junk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Maria Elena! I love creating new displays on our kitchen island. I'm thinking I've seen that unique basket either at Kirkland's or Hobby Lobby.....hmmm!

    I really enjoyed your lovely photos of Spain in your most recent post. They bring back fond memories!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this two tiered metal basket. It's gorgeous, and your display is gorgeous. You'll get so much use out of this, and it makes such an interesting focal point in your stunning kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the basket! it all gives the kitchen a homey feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely! Thank you for sharing your lovely basket at my Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. The basket is perfect for your space and items. Love it. Thanks for sharing, Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...