Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A LIGHTER MANTLE


I finally got around to making a few changes to our family room mantle.
You all know I always have a hard time with it, but even then, I like to decorate it with lighter colors 
for the Spring and Summer months.

When I read on the paper that Michaels was having one of the biggest sales of the year, I decided it was probably 
a good time to make a few changes.
All the items I bought were 60% off. My kind of shopping. :)







As you can see, I used many of the items I already had.
 All that is new on the mantle are the greenery on the vases and the two little ceramic birds.












For the hearth, I made new pillow covers with fabric I bought months ago. 
It was another nice sale and I only paid for it $3.00 a yard.








 Total cost of changing up the mantle was $12.00.
I am happy with that! :)
Here is a before and after so you can see how just a couple of small changes gave the mantle a different look.


I have also made changes to the rest of the family room and our kitchen.
More to come on that.

Thank you all for stopping by.
See you soon!


13 comments:

  1. Looks so light and bright! Can't wait to see your kitchen and family room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Maria Elena. You are always so busy and everything turns out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the touches of blue! I guess your little grandson has a little something to do with it?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, Those are pretty color combinations. I love the birds. You did very well. That 60 % off sale would be to my liking too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, your mantle is so pretty and perfect for the new season! You always have such beautiful decor; and I love the new fabric with the birds! Everything looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, both are definitely pretty, but the new look is much lighter.....nice for Spring and Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your changes, it is just beautiful!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice and fresh looking, Maria! Perfect for the new season! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Mantle Maria. Your mantel is similar to our size....Love the square clock with your spring touches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not simply nice, it is classy. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so beautiful and ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, Maria! I love the fresh clean whites. I wish I had known about the sale, sometimes it's nice to freshen up with new pieces then to keep moving around the same. What great deals! :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...