Yes, this has turned out to be a really big project.
We have been working on the back porch for the last three months, little by little and weather permiting.
We started with my husband inventing a drainage system for the water that comes in from the top porch when it rains.
Which he did tide into the original drain and built a frame all around it to cover all the pipes.
While he was at it, he framed the outside of the whole porch with new materials.
We then framed the ceiling inside the porch and closed it using bead board.
And it has taken us three whole weekends to paint everything.
Now we are shopping for new lights, probably outdoor fans, but, meanwhile, we bought the flooring we wanted and we are in the process of installing it now.
And when we are finished, we hope it will look like this.
We still have a while to go, but we hope to be able to make the porch into a nice outdoor living space.
Aaaaand, I am making new drop cloth outdoor curtains! LOL
After painting the porch, the old curtains looked a little old, so I figured after five years, it was time for some new ones. Wish me luck, I am going to need it! LOL
See you all soon!