Tuesday, January 16, 2018

OUR NEW HOME-BUILT ENTERTAINMENT CENTER


Hello everyone!
I hope you are enjoying the first few days of the new year and that your homes and lives are back to normal after the always hectic holiday season.

It is kind of sad to see the Christmas decor go away, but at the same time, it is nice to get back to normal decor and a clean and organized home when everything is put away.

We finished the year in the middle of a large DIY project for our family room.
We just recently replaced the sofa set and rug in that room and my husband just built a new entertainment unit. 


We always wanted one, but the ones we liked could only be purchased online and we didn't feel very confident about buying something that large and expensive without seeing in person. 
And then my husband said the magic words, "I will build it, just show me a picture of the one you like". 
Yes, finally! :)

When I left for my trip to Spain in the middle of November, he had just started building the frame.


And when I got back home two weeks later, I couldn't believe how much progress he had made just working 
on it on the weekends.


It wasn't easy to choose a paint color. Do you know how many different shades of white paint are available nowadays? LOTS! Believe me!
This is the one we ended up using in a satin finish.


And before we knew it, we found ourselves having a whole weekend painting party. :)


We decided to used simple but quality satin nickle hardware since the unit already has enough character on its own.



But I added my own touch by using two pretty glass knobs on the two bottom center doors.



The glass and lighting were installed a couple of days before New Year's Eve.


And we spent that weekend setting up our new entertainment center in the family room.



And then came the fun part, decorating it! :)
I have mostly used items I already had.





In the next few pictures you can see the items I used to decorate above the cabinet and on the bridge over the TV.













On the left side inside the glass door I placed a pretty plate I found at Homegoods and some other items I had at home.






And this is what the right side of the unit looks like.










And that is all I have done so far.
The decor will probably change again, no doubt, but for now, I am just enjoying the beautiful work my husband did building this cabinet for our family room.

The rest of the room is coming along and I will share it when we finally have it finished.
Thank you all for stopping by and reading through this long post. I apologize for that. LOL

Enjoy the rest of the week.
See you soon!





13 comments:

  1. Maria Elena, it's beautiful!! You are so lucky that your husband could build it and you know the quality has to be a million times better than what we get these days. Love the way you styled it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous, Maria Elena! You have just the right touch with decorating it, too! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique and personalized and beautiful entertainment center Maria Elena. Your husband is very creative and built such a great piece of furniture for your family room. Great displays.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I'm so impressed with your talents! And of course you decorated it beautifully! I love the paint color too. Y'all did a great job! Stay warm! We're having the coldest winter ever! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Elena, that is amazing! I am so totally impressed with your husband's skills. It looks beautiful and your accessories are perfect. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! Love the overall design and your hubby did a wonderful job on it. You will always have fun decorating it- I know I would too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband did an amazing job building this! You’ve done a lovely job decorating it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a huge undertaking, but you and your husband pulled it off. I'm in awe of the beauty of it. I love how you have styled it as well. How beautiful! I hope you get many, many years of enjoyment with the TV and the gorgeous surround!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's amazing! It's beautiful. Your husband is incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is absolutely gorgeous, Maria Elena! Kudos to your hubby for a very fine job.

    Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is goregous would you happen to have the measure measurements or a plan we are looking for something like this and want to build one if so where can I send an email too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new entertainment center. What a fun new space to decorate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...